1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Never ever ever heard of it and no I wouldn't use it, I tend to stay away from catch cans that have these viewing tubes, good place for them to leak.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
You want a reasonably priced catch can JLT has one, or mishimoto makes a decent one or JBR OR damond ...then there's radium and UPR and a few others but they can get expensive.

·
Registered
354 Posts
You want a reasonably priced catch can JLT has one, or mishimoto makes a decent one or JBR OR damond ...then there's radium and UPR and a few others but they can get expensive.
I have the JLT. Very nice product. They were out of stock when I called, and they went out of the way to make one for me in house that same day. Good people. Great product. Definitely has helped a lot on my car.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have the JLT also. Very nicely made. The only criticism I would have is that it is a bit tight around the intake/radiator shroud area to get your hand around the body to grip and unscrew it for emptying (also there is only knurling at the very bottom, so it slips easily, especially when slick with oil film). Once unscrewed it is then almost impossible to snake it out from around the hoses without spilling the captured oil. To get around this, I usually just disconnect the mounting bolt to get more room to move it. Also I tend to tighten the body just enough to seal the o-ring, so that it's not impossible to unscrew next time!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have the JLT also. Very nicely made. The only criticism I would have is that it is a bit tight around the intake/radiator shroud area to get your hand around the body to grip and unscrew it for emptying (also there is only knurling at the very bottom, so it slips easily, especially when slick with oil film). Once unscrewed it is then almost impossible to snake it out from around the hoses without spilling the captured oil. To get around this, I usually just disconnect the mounting bolt to get more room to move it. Also I tend to tighten the body just enough to seal the o-ring, so that it's not impossible to unscrew next time!
I do the same. Loosen the Phillips head. Unscrew. Empty. Tighten only to seal the o-ring.

I've pulled about 3-5 oz worth of fluid in less than 1 oil change. I see less engine knock, and just feel better overall that my valves aren't being loaded with oil blow by. One of the best "mods" for this car if you ask me.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts