Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 2013 st from Nissan 2mos ago. Have the wierd idle and stalling thing which went away because I squeezed the area in the harness that had the splices. Idle was changing when I was doing this and then stabilized. 2 weeks later idle slowly acting up again. I know it's the harness. Nissanhad the car 2 x but could not find anything wrong. Ford says they performed the wire harness for previous owner and I need to pay for diagnostic and that would be deducted from repairs if they find an issue. Does Ford have any obligation to fix this especially since I bought it preowned from another dealer?

·
Premium Member
13,884 Posts
Bought my 2013 st from Nissan 2mos ago. Have the wierd idle and stalling thing which went away because I squeezed the area in the harness that had the splices. Idle was changing when I was doing this and then stabilized. 2 weeks later idle slowly acting up again. I know it's the harness. Nissanhad the car 2 x but could not find anything wrong. Ford says they performed the wire harness for previous owner and I need to pay for diagnostic and that would be deducted from repairs if they find an issue. Does Ford have any obligation to fix this especially since I bought it preowned from another dealer?
If you still have the powertrain warrenty (5yr/60K) they should take care of it.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[/QUOTE]
If you still have the powertrain warrenty (5yr/60K) they should take care of it.

Sent from another garage.[/QUOTE] they still want 2 hours of diagnostic fees upfront. This is normal procedure?

·
Premium Member
13,884 Posts

Sent from another garage.[/QUOTE] they still want 2 hours of diagnostic fees upfront. This is normal procedure?[/QUOTE]

Somehow your message got messed up. I think it depends on the dealer. Might try another one if they are close.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know it comes down to principal. I can have a mechanic at my job that does our fleet vehicles for 100 -200 I'm guessing and I would have the car in a few hours but it is just burning my a** that I have to do this. On another note since this was repaired by Ford already and it's recurring and the fact that it goes away when I manipulate the harness at the spliced area makes me think that the heat of the engine and cooling hoses are playing a role in this problem. Your thoughts...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts