Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just got in a wreck totaled my 2014.5 silver big turbo........was mad then took everything that wasn't smashed and put it on my NEW 2017 st3 that Tomball ford got from dealer in San Antonio. FYI Tomball ford in texas is best place ever. Kent Misti Nick are amazing. But back to why ford is terrible. Got the car never even test drove it . It's a new car right....i test drove the rs and almost got but hated the seats and couldn't get leather. I put all my parts back on my 2017 in 13 hrs. 50 pounds of dynamatt car is like a bmw now with cabin isolation :)There is no diff in cars except for pcv sensor and sync 3 which I love. I know off topic again. I noticed there was some wrinkles in leather i was like ok doesnt look right I'll call Tomball. They had me take to service to get pics. 3 people came out and looked. Again this is day after purchase Misti the sevice manager who is my favorite person ever in Service history. She was like wow this is jacked up. She went around who car. I just thought was driver seat . It was while interior . Below pics are front 2 recaro seats . She said ya this wasn't installed properly. I agree. She had Paul in service take almost 26 pics. They sent pics to ford. Paul called me and asked me to come back in I was like wow that was fast. It was so he could take more pics with notes telling with seat it was and length or wrinkles.now ford has close to 60 pics of interior. Just found out ford is saying it's normal wear . I was like wow . I had my other st3 for 3 years and didn't have any wrinkles . I'm a big guy 6 3 185 pounds. I understand these seats don't like large people . My old car seats fit like a glove. I have been talking with TJ at ford going on a week now. He said "I think what we will be told it that leather stretches. It is not my vehicle but I probably would not be to concerns if it were". My response was its my car and I am concerned. I got brand new car not used. So at a stand still with ford .they asked for asked for pics of a brand new st to compare to my seats .aren't they ones that make the car so they should know how new vs used looks . This is my second ford and not very happy with them thus far.let me know what y'all think am I justified in wanting them to fix it? Last pic is old car pic

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Worst paragraph structure ever...

TL : DR

seat covers are wrinkly on a brand new ST3.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Im surprised they arent replacing that under warranty. BUT... There is nothing wrong as its the nature of leather. Unfortunately that can happen. Good news, its relatively easy fix if you want to do it yourself. Get a damp rag and a low heat hair dryer. dampen the wrinkled part by blotting a damp rag, then apply some heat with the gun carefully. 20-30 min should get all those wrinkles out, Ive done a few leather car seats like this. g/l

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I agree I would be pretty upset at the wrinkly seats. If you already have a heat gun might as well try warming them up and fixing your self, will still be faster than driving to and from the dealer if they agree to fix it.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Wait there was another BT ST in Houston?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Damond Motorsports did send all new stuff. Rmm ,pcv plate , dual catch can psmm and trans mount. amazing company

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
sorry to hear about your turbo. I agree about Damond being great im running their catch can too

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Yes Houston

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's so hard to drive my new car know without BT. I did get a escape ecoboost motor before I wreck. Gonna send to speed performance for long block build . Then 2867 once again or might try the new head they just came out with.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Im surprised they arent replacing that under warranty. BUT... There is nothing wrong as its the nature of leather. Unfortunately that can happen. Good news, its relatively easy fix if you want to do it yourself. Get a damp rag and a low heat hair dryer. dampen the wrinkled part by blotting a damp rag, then apply some heat with the gun carefully. 20-30 min should get all those wrinkles out, Ive done a few leather car seats like this. g/l
oldest trick in the book, but it sure does work. You really want to follow up with a leather treatment product after that though, the water and heat will suck every last bit of moisture out of the leather.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts