Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around at insurance policies as I have a 2015 Ford Focus ST LZ arriving next week. There are two options for the model, one is ST and the other is ST2. I know other countries have the ST1, ST2 and ST3 options but as far as i'm aware in Australia we just have the ST. If anyone has an idea about the difference between a ST and ST2 in Australia your help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
252 Posts
It could have something to do with the optional Tech Pack...

But you are right, we only get one trim level in Australia which is a mixture of ST2 and ST3 from the European market

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking but with some insurers they would decline my request (because I am under 25) so I thought it might have been a performance thing. Ended up just going with the normal ST insurance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same question. Since mine came with the techpac which is the only major option in ADM, I put ST2.

Granted I did the insurance in about 5mins so I could get the finance completed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If its any help, i put mine under ST2 through Allianz. Do to my car having the tech pack, im under 25 and it costs me $81 a month with windscreen cover

1 - 7 of 7 Posts