Ford Focus ST Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have an ST 1 and I just installed the Audio Controls LC2i that Skizzo81 used in both of his installations. It works great! I ran the signal wires off the back of the factory head unit using the two rear speakers. Wires for this are as follows:
Right Rear:
POS = Brown w/ White Trace
NEG = Brown w/ Blue Trace
Left Rear:
POS= Brown w/ Green Trace
NEG= Brown w/ Yellow Trace

Ran the power cable on the passenger ride of the car. Speaker signal, switched 12v and subwoofer amp remote down the driver side. Taking the glove box out to get the power cable through the firewall made it much easier to do.

Here are a few pictures of the install.
IMG_0167.JPG
Fuse box under the hood
IMG_0169.JPG
Switched trigger wire ran through the same firewall hole as the hood release
amp amd LC2i.JPG
Modified the compartment on the left side of the spare
overall view.JPG
Overall look of the modified area with the replacement aluminum supports for the hatch floor
anchor.JPG
Used the child safety seat anchor with 1" velcro strap to secure the box
finished.JPG
Finished product.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are those velcro straps holding down your sub box????

Yep, ran one piece through the child safety seat anchor then over the top of the sub box. It doesn't move and I have a "spirited" driving style.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
So I'm getting ready to upgrade all my door speakers and wiring a 4 channel amp with a lc7i and I was just wondering when I tap back into the factory wiring to drive the door speakers off the amp is there a crossover between the woofer and the factory tweeter?Am I getting a full range signal at the woofer that I can run to my crossover?

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
So I'm getting ready to upgrade all my door speakers and wiring a 4 channel amp with a lc7i and I was just wondering when I tap back into the factory wiring to drive the door speakers off the amp is there a crossover between the woofer and the factory tweeter?Am I getting a full range signal at the woofer that I can run to my crossover?
www.youtube.com/c/FatGuyBuilds

I have a bunch of videos. one will help you.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I was just wondering when I tap back into the factory wiring to drive the door speakers off the amp is there a crossover between the woofer and the factory tweeter?

Am I getting a full range signal at the woofer that I can run to my crossover?
Yes, most modern standard/base audio systems are using crossover components at the woofers and tweeters themselves. they only have 4 full range channels of output coming out of the radio.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts