1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I ordered a black Husky Liner cargo mat for mine. All said and done it cost me maybe $63 shipped. I had Husky liners in my Altima and they fit great, but maybe not as great as the Weathertech. Consider I had them in all year from when my car was new for almost 2.5 years when I traded it in. In that time I had lots of kids/teens in and out, 27k miles, driven to at least 120 baseball games where my kid (and any other players we brought) wore metal cleats often, and after all that time it kept my carpets looking like new. I could have filled up (and probably did) several 5 gallon shop-vacs with the amount of dirt those things collected. Carpet - Perfect.

So for the cost, especially for the cargo area for me (as I'm always lugging baseball equipment around), and my previous experience with them, I'm giving the Husky Liners another go. If these ones for the Focus end up sucking or not fitting, I'll be sure to let you all know!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Got my Husky Liner cargo cover today. Fits! but it DOES require trimming out where the subwoofer is. There is a groove to cut along (they accounted for the Sub). It happens to be slightly long/deep. Not sure why. Where it contacts the back of the rear seats it a tad long - but not too much. Just not 100% perfect. For my needs - and to keep baseball dirt out of my hatch - perfect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got my Husky Liner cargo cover today. Fits! but it DOES require trimming out where the subwoofer is. There is a groove to cut along (they accounted for the Sub). It happens to be slightly long/deep. Not sure why. Where it contacts the back of the rear seats it a tad long - but not too much. Just not 100% perfect. For my needs - and to keep baseball dirt out of my hatch - perfect.
Hey! Can you post a picture of the Husky cargo mat? I'm wanting to order one but would like to see it first. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
+1, let's see some pics Krag!

Hey! Can you post a picture of the Husky cargo mat? I'm wanting to order one but would like to see it first. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Tomorrow I'll snap a pic or two. I told ya, I'm horrible about taking pictures. Even my 20yo daughters entire life photo album is a single sleeve page. lol (j/k - got loads of family pics, but that's because i don't take them, my mom-in-law was a pro photographer and my beautiful wife enjoys snapping away).

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
To be honest with you, it looks exactly like the one in the top photo except it says "Husky" there. I f'd up the sub-woofer side on mine a bit because I'm an impatient goober who ripped out the industrial scissors and started cutting away before i read the instructions and realized WHERE to cut the damn thing to make it look/fit better along the sub. My main concern is protection from all the baseball gear I lug around 7 months of the year, so I really didn't care about the rough edge there, which I could fix up a bit. But if YOU follow the directions, and cut where it tells you to, you won't be a goober like me and it would fit near perfect like!

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
This is what my trunk looks like, and I recycled my cargo net to hold items in place ST2-7.jpg .

·
Registered
133 Posts
The OEM cargo mat is total garbage. I ordered one when I originally got my 2012 Focus Ti. When my 2013 ST arrives I will happily let the OEM mat go with the 2012 Ti. It doesn't fit right and will NEVER match the quality of the WeatherTech. I had one of these in my old Golf and it is absolutely they way to go. WeatherTech make amazing floor mats too.

If you're really tossed about it, let me know and I'll take some pics of the fit issues I have. It's $hit.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Here are a few pics of my (miscut by me) Husky Liner Cargo mat.

ST_CargoMat_1.jpg
ST_CargoMat_2.jpg
ST_CargoMat_3.jpg

The fit is just OK. Definitely NOT perfect. It seems a bit "long" (deep) but I've read you can leave it out in the sun for a bit before putting it in place. The far edge (which goes up against your back seat) was almost flat (probably from sitting in box for god knows how long). it SHOULD roll up a bit but I had to kind of press it into place. If you don't, the mat really won't fit (be too long).

On the right side, there is a place to cut out to account for the subwoofer. Like any fool, I cut away BEFORE I read the directions which said where to cut. (/sigh - my wife would say - you NEVER learn!). Had i cut in the PROPER spot, the fit/finish would have been much nicer. As it is, it fits OK. I'm not going for aesthetics here. I'm looking to keep all that baseball infield dirt off my carpet! And for that, it works. And it was all of about $60 on sale.

I'm confident the Weathertech cargo mat would be a better fit. Weathertech is indeed the best. But it's also 2xs the money (I believe it's like $128 at Auto Anything, I got the Husky for like $61). So you can decide if you need a more perfect fit (Weathertech) or just the best "bang for the buck" (Huskyliner). Or, here might be other, better options out there also.

On a side note regarding fit and finish, I had bought the 2012 Focus 5 Dr husky liner floor mat set also. Those fit perfect. no issues. They cover all the important things, including the dead pedal area just fine. A much better fit then their cargo liner.

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
Serves it purpose and was half the price......SCORE.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Serves it purpose and was half the price......SCORE.
That was my thought. And that dirt that's in there now is nothing to what's normally in three after a baseball game with cleats, bat bags (that have been sitting in dirt), ball bag, helmet bag, etc. If your intent is to protect the cargo area, can't beat the Husky Liners for price/performance. If you want the top aestetics, Weather Tech might be tops.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Looks like a decent fit to me. For the price u can't beat it.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts