Ford Focus ST Forum banner

121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
Vendor
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Am I missing something? I don't see the xml2's on your website anymore for the 2015+ STs (I have the 2017). I have the factory HIDs so was hoping to get the 5000K to match (possibly 3K...haven't decided between yellow or white to match the headlights). Link perhaps?
The XML2's have been discontinued and replaced with our new, USA-made SLF model. It's a great match with OEM HIDs and will produce a much better output pattern than the previous XML2.

The SLF is also smaller in size, so it will fit better on the 2015+ Focus STs than the XML2 did. Here's an example with the SLF installed on a 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek:

Here's a direct link to the listing: Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2015-2017 Ford Focus

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The XML2's have been discontinued and replaced with our new, USA-made SLF model. It's a great match with OEM HIDs and will produce a much better output pattern than the previous XML2.

The SLF is also smaller in size, so it will fit better on the 2015+ Focus STs than the XML2 did. Here's an example with the SLF installed on a 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek:

Here's a direct link to the listing: Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2015-2017 Ford Focus

Thanks!
Nick C.
So $40 for the pair? Weren't the xml2's like 120 a pair? Big difference! What makes these cheaper than the older xml2 version if you don't mind me asking?

·
Vendor
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
So $40 for the pair? Weren't the xml2's like 120 a pair? Big difference! What makes these cheaper than the older xml2 version if you don't mind me asking?
The SLF are $120, the entry-level HP48 model is $40 a pair. The pricing increases when you select options on the listing.

The SLF is also made here in St. Louis, Missouri.

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Which color did you go with? Yellow or White?
White, not a fan of yellow. I have the XML2 but one burned out and DD came through and warrantied both out for the new SLF's.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The SLF are $120, the entry-level HP48 model is $40 a pair. The pricing increases when you select options on the listing.

The SLF is also made here in St. Louis, Missouri.

Thanks!
Nick C.
Ahhh, I see now. Bummer....back ordered for 4-6 weeks.

·
Vendor
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #131

Focus ST/Fiesta ST Diode Dynamics Fog LED Luxeon w/Projector Housing 2013-2014/2014-16 Installation

Installation video from authorized dealer: CJ Pony Parts

·
Registered
52 Posts
White, not a fan of yellow. I have the XML2 but one burned out and DD came through and warrantied both out for the new SLF's.
Same here. Installed Sept. 2018, passenger side went out Nov. 2018...

I wasn't a huge fan of the XML2, so interested to see if SLF is better.

Received my SLF bulbs yesterday, gonna go put them in now and find out.

·
Vendor
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #134

LAST CHANCE TO SAVE!!! Until 11:59 p.m. CST on 12/2/2019, you can use coupon code "BLACKFRIDAY" at checkout for 20% off your entire order of lighting upgrades, including our NEW SS3 LED Pods!!! Don't wait, this sale ends TONIGHT!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Monday 12/2/2019. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ordered my SLFs just now...

I have full LED swaps in my F150 (hi/lo/fog) and can’t believe the difference. I have been researching different companies to get some into the ST and you guys are all over it here on the board, so bring ‘em on!

·
Vendor
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Ordered my SLFs just now...

I have full LED swaps in my F150 (hi/lo/fog) and can’t believe the difference. I have been researching different companies to get some into the ST and you guys are all over it here on the board, so bring ‘em on!
Thanks for your support! Definitely feel free to tag us in any pics you post!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

·
Vendor
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Curiosity...I seriously like the LEDs in my F150 better than the HIDs in the focus. Is there an LED replacement for the HID, or is there nothing to gain there?
Great question! In general, OEM HID setups cannot be converted to LED. Though there are some conversion options out there, we don't recommend them, as a factory HID system will almost certainly perform better.

However, depending on the age of the vehicle, replacing the OEM HID bulbs with new replacements is an easy, relatively inexpensive way to restore the brightness and color you had when the vehicle was brand new. Typically, it's a good idea to replace your HID bulbs every 4-7 years, as they will lose output and change color over time.

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

121 - 140 of 142 Posts