Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 60 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts

Diode Dynamics is pleased to announce a new color for our popular XML2 fog light -YELLOW (3000K)! The XML2 utilizes genuine CREE XML2 components, for a true, measured output of 1,420 lumens. 100% plug-and-play. Sizes available include 9005, 9006, H8, H10, H11, H16, and PSX24W.

Thanks!
Nick C.
Do you have a link for these? I couldnt find them while browsing on my phone.

***nevermind i was looking in the focus application link but they were not showing up. Found them under bulb size..

Sent while on the go using Tapatalk on my Note 4.

·
Vendor
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Do you have a link for these? I couldnt find them while browsing on my phone.

***nevermind i was looking in the focus application link but they were not showing up. Found them under bulb size..

Sent while on the go using Tapatalk on my Note 4.
The pre-2015 Focus ST's use an H11, the 2015+ uses an H8 bulb size

We are updating the 2015 Focus ST listings soon

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Here are my xml2 yellow installed. I noticed that they looked to be more yellow than the competition, but that might have been because I still have my yellow headlight armor film on my fog lights. Overall I'm very pleased. The trick to putting the driver side in was to undo the front bolt holding the ecu box to make room for the fog light.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Here are my xml2 yellow installed. I noticed that they looked to be more yellow than the competition, but that might have been because I still have my yellow headlight armor film on my fog lights. Overall I'm very pleased. The trick to putting the driver side in was to undo the front bolt holding the ecu box to make room for the fog light.

Do you think they were worth the cost?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Do you think they were worth the cost?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
the output and color seemed very comparable to the cheaper competition. The cheaper competition is a white LED with a yellow cover you can remove. The Diode Dynamics looked like it had a non-removable yellow cover, but I'm not sure if the LED was actually white or colored.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Those don't look like any LED I've ever seen in terms of brightness and throw. I've seen quite a few dull yellow LED's from China. If anything, that output looks almost HID-like. Sweet pics and thanks for the review. :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
the output and color seemed very comparable to the cheaper competition. The cheaper competition is a white LED with a yellow cover you can remove. The Diode Dynamics looked like it had a non-removable yellow cover, but I'm not sure if the LED was actually white or colored.
Thanks for the update. How is the cutoff? Would you be able to park close to a wall and get a picture of the cutoff?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Thanks for the update. How is the cutoff? Would you be able to park close to a wall and get a picture of the cutoff?
I'll get that for you tonight. The way the LEDs are arranged, there are two LEDs on the fog light. Set up correctly, those two LEDs will be in a horizontal position (one facing left, one facing right). This helps spread light horizontally, rather than vertically. Turn the fog light 90 degrees and you'll be blinding traffic.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Just fog light, light above cutoff looks bright because of contrast

Fog and low beam

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
Hey Nick I see all of these photos and I can't help but to ask if they were all taken with the same shutter speed and aperture f stop.

Being on the retrofitting side of lighting, I see output shots all the time and since cameras(or cell phones for that matter) are typically left in Auto mode they compensate for the additional(or lack of) light and don't accurately capture the output.

·
Vendor
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Hey Nick I see all of these photos and I can't help but to ask if they were all taken with the same shutter speed and aperture f stop.

Being on the retrofitting side of lighting, I see output shots all the time and since cameras(or cell phones for that matter) are typically left in Auto mode they compensate for the additional(or lack of) light and don't accurately capture the output.
That would be a question for our professional photographer. I know that when taking these photos, the settings are in place to make the pictures as honest as possible. It would really defeat the purpose of bringing in cars for accurate comparison photos if the editing was dishonest and boosted the lighting.

The actual output shots are very helpful, especially in conjunction with our integrating sphere (provides a 100% accurate measurement for our products)

As far as customer submitted photos go, I obviously have no idea what settings they are using LOL

Nick C.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
So we don't have to worry about blinding traffic if we get the high powered ones in the stock housing?

·
Vendor
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
So we don't have to worry about blinding traffic if we get the high powered ones in the stock housing?
Correct!

Although 1,420 lumens (measured) is a significant increase in light output over the factory halogen bulbs, it's not going to create nearly as much glare as an HID conversion kit. Fog lights are mounted low on the vehicle, so the output isn't going to be at eye-level for other drivers on the road. The LEDs are placed relatively close to where the filaments are located on a halogen bulb, so they do a fairly good job utilizing the factory housing

Feel free to give us a call if you would like more information: (314) 205-3033

Thank you!

Nick C.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Correct!

Although 1,420 lumens (measured) is a significant increase in light output over the factory halogen bulbs, it's not going to create nearly as much glare as an HID conversion kit. Fog lights are mounted low on the vehicle, so the output isn't going to be at eye-level for other drivers on the road. The LEDs are placed relatively close to where the filaments are located on a halogen bulb, so they do a fairly good job utilizing the factory housing

Feel free to give us a call if you would like more information: (314) 205-3033

Thank you!

Nick C.
Well I'm sure thats true Nick, But I can tell you after installing the Cool White XML2's in my 2015, EVERY SINGLE night I'm getting people blasting me with their high beams and have had a few guys just pull over to let me by when following them, I'm sure it was due to the brightness of the bulbs. I know the beams are directed down low but you can bet that your going to get some feedback from other drivers with the brightest units. :) I love them tho, they work outstanding for what there made for.

·
Vendor
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Hey Nick, do you have an ETA on when the 5000K and LUXEON housing combo will be back in stock (2014 ST)?
Hello,

Thank you for asking

The Luxeon Housings are still a few weeks away from being back in stock. We will post an update when they are available.

Nick C.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey Nick,
Your website states that the yellow xp80 is out of stock. Any idea when it will be available?(16 st)
Thanks

41 - 60 of 142 Posts