Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Not too long ago I had to have my trans replaced and during that time the dealer performed the recall for the doors not latching and opening. As well recently I have noticed that the rear door panels don't fit properly and I figured that the guys messed up installing them and didn't fully install them back in the car.

Well, first step of taking of the rear door was to take the cap covering the screw inside the door handle, first problem. They attempted to use a sealant to reinstall the cap, as they had broken off all of the tabs on that piece, and I was never informed and now I have a ****ed up cap (replacements for that single piece are $16.45 + shipping). And because I noticed this I squatted down to see if anything was stuck inside the door panel itself or if they broke that as well (which would be a ~$300 + shipping) couldn't tell if anything was, then looked down and saw a small rope sized piece of sealant hanging down, so continued to remove the card. Found a broken clip which was why it wasn't staying on (cheap so not a biggy), but I then see why that sealant was there, somebody seemed to be playing around and drew squiggles(about 12 inches of it) on the inside of the rear door on an area that had no reason to have sealant on it. As well the water shielding on the inside of the door wasn't attached on over half of the part so it was flopping around and someone also scratched the hell out of the paint in there, which will never be seen but still pisses me off that they gave zero ****s about what they were doing or the quality of the work. There was also evidence that water had entered past that seal and leaked into my car because I could see it on the dirt that was under the door panel as well (not sure where that came from (sarcasm) :disappointed:)

They broke all but one of the door handle bolt caps, ~$50 to replace those
Didn't get to take off the other door cards as I was getting tired and it was about 100 °F at the time... But still found all door cards weren't installed properly and were partially hanging there and there was more sealant on the driver door about the same place the rear door had it.

Appalled at the level of work here, I try to take care of my car but literally every single dealer I have taken it to has ****ed me over. First one lost both the original keys, managed to only recover one of those a week later, and eventually gave me a replacement and a free tank of gas(stupid as I didn't have my car for a little over a week while they were attempting to find my keys). The next one forgot trans fluid (causing the trans to fail), broke my windshield, ****ed my paint up, and my headliner and never fixed anything. This last one failed to replace a ****ed up clutch from the last trans install, wrapped electrical tape around a connector that was unplugged and shorting out causing drive-ability problems and then caught fire, and never attempted to remedy the situation making me do the work myself and now this bull****...

My car has never had a problem of its own except the first trans, besides that everything has been ****ed up by dumbass workers at the dealerships, even if it was warranty or recall work...

(end rant)
@FordService Can anything be done here? I just want the broken parts replaced and without having to drive 500+ miles back to that dealer (recently moved back to Houston after finishing college)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dealerships are the necessary evil of the car under warranty.

I take it you had a chat with the service manager at each one of these events?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I can't stand to let anyone else work on my car. I've had decent luck lately but bad luck in the past. Seems like a crap shoot. Call Ford customer service and ***** until something gets done. Hope it works out for you.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Start voicing your complaints to the Service Manager and the General Manager. Escalate it to Ford N. America or whatever they are called, and Document everything

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which dealer was this OP? PM me if you don't want to post it.
Well the one this rant is about is Gene Messer Ford in Lubbock, the other ones are Pollard Ford in Lubbock (the ****iest dealer in the ****ing world, tried to blame ford for their incompetence and owe me quite a bit of money) and the place I bought it was Autonation Ford in Katy (west of Houston)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Start voicing your complaints to the Service Manager and the General Manager. Escalate it to Ford N. America or whatever they are called, and Document everything
I did that with the dealer who forgot the fluid and damaged my car, sadly found out not all dealers who call themselves Ford dealerships are actually backed by Ford. The dealer was independent entirely and Ford didn't back them with anything. Even the one this rant is about ****ed up and they are backed by Ford....Will try to see what happens but not sure what all can be done. :/

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I did that with the dealer who forgot the fluid and damaged my car, sadly found out not all dealers who call themselves Ford dealerships are actually backed by Ford. The dealer was independent entirely and Ford didn't back them with anything. Even the one this rant is about ****ed up and they are backed by Ford....Will try to see what happens but not sure what all can be done. :/
That sucks to here that. I dont know who told you that they arent backed by Ford though. Any dealership that enters in contract to franchise a manufacturer has to comply with their standards. Ive seen the manufacturer pull the franchise from the dealer btw, its crazy stuff.

Since were talking about Ford. There are reps that come down every so often to ensure that the dealership is complying with franchising standards. This is why its important for folks to report these types of situations to corporate offices. They get enough of these and Ford will lay down the hammer I promise you.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That sucks to here that. I dont know who told you that they arent backed by Ford though. Any dealership that enters in contract to franchise a manufacturer has to comply with their standards. Ive seen the manufacturer pull the franchise from the dealer btw, its crazy stuff.

Since were talking about Ford. There are reps that come down every so often to ensure that the dealership is complying with franchising standards. This is why its important for folks to report these types of situations to corporate offices. They get enough of these and Ford will lay down the hammer I promise you.
That was corporate that told me that. Apparently they are different enough in some fashion for Ford not to take ownership of what they did.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
That was corporate that told me that. Apparently they are different enough in some fashion for Ford not to take ownership of what they did.
A close friend is going through a case with Ford, helping them with their email responses. Multiple times Ford has tried to make it sound like it is not their issue, but if if you keep pushing it works.

So they are complaining that their tires are wearing too fast, which they totally are. The dealership acknowledged it and even recommended an alignment which did nothing. Some research turns out Ford installed the Hankook Venture S1 Noble 2 from factory, even though Hankook themselves says these are for Sport Sedans, not AWD SUVs. Hankook actually recommends different tires when using their website for replacement tires. Anyways so at 25000km their tires have tread literally flaking off in big chunks, NOT SAFE. This is supposedly well known in the internets, but in case its news to you guys.

Anyways dealer acknowledges problem but says its a Ford issue. Ford gave them 3 attempts at shrug it off before it was escalated to management. From what buddy says this is likely a well known issue by Ford corporate by now.

1) We do not have the VIN ...

2) Your not the original owner, the previous owner put those tires on, not our fault ...
But then why are the 2017s on the dealers lot equipped with same tires?

3) Yea but your make and model had tire options therefore you/your dealer made the choice ...
But the 2015 Explorer LTD had no tire options. Such deliberate bs.

After buddy pointed out that he knows there were not any tire options on his specific model, he finally got it escalated to a manager. Probably going in for another round of the same thing.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Trust me, my stuff was escalated quite high, but they wouldn't do anything, even though it was due to the service workers. The service manager also didn't want to admit he was wrong even after I brought a jug with less than a cup of trans fluid, signed by the worker at the other dealer, who used to work with the fore mentioned service manager for over a decade. Even then the manager just shrugged it off and said it was ford corporates' fault not his.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well the one this rant is about is Gene Messer Ford in Lubbock, the other ones are Pollard Ford in Lubbock (the ****iest dealer in the ****ing world, tried to blame ford for their incompetence and owe me quite a bit of money) and the place I bought it was Autonation Ford in Katy (west of Houston)
Haha ok just checking. I am from Katy, bought my car from another dealer in Houston, live in Dallas, and went to TTU in Lubbock. I know each of those dealers. Just wanted to steer clear of the ones giving you issues but I don't think I'll ever need to use the Lubbock ones unless the car breaks down on a football trip there.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha ok just checking. I am from Katy, bought my car from another dealer in Houston, live in Dallas, and went to TTU in Lubbock. I know each of those dealers. Just wanted to steer clear of the ones giving you issues but I don't think I'll ever need to use the Lubbock ones unless the car breaks down on a football trip there.
Nice, I just graduated from Tech actually(this past saturday). Should have realized it from your username as well that you went to Tech.

If you ever have to get something done in lubbock, Gene Messer is the better of the 2, and even are okay with modified cars, but be careful still. Pollard on the other hand....is only good for ****ing your car up if you no longer want it. ;P

1 - 14 of 14 Posts