Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can one of the nice people on this board from Ford contact me? I need to have my VIN checked for past repairs on my vehicle. Thanks

·
Registered
825 Posts
The Ford customer sevices around here have kind of vanished.
They used to (couple of years ago) be pretty good. But now are just not to be found much.

Generally a dealer service dept can look up the VIN and see what the car had done at a dealer as far as warranty work (This is what I believe. I may be wrong) The Ford rep could only do the same.
I do not know if things like oil changes etc would show up in a service record IF they were performed at a Ford dealer?
Maybe someone else knows?

Anyway, you could ask the service manager at the dealership you had the car fixed at. They can tell you if any service history exists.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all. Yeah last time they were always jumping in on posts and checking things out for people. That sucks they no longer do it. One of them helped with my clutch issue on the 14 I had. Maybe because it was such a new platform and wanted to keep down on any complaints that may arise. I must say that was pretty cool of them to look out for people and be a direct Ford contact.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Thanks all. Yeah last time they were always jumping in on posts and checking things out for people. That sucks they no longer do it. One of them helped with my clutch issue on the 14 I had. Maybe because it was such a new platform and wanted to keep down on any complaints that may arise. I must say that was pretty cool of them to look out for people and be a direct Ford contact.
I dont see this happening anymore... I have not seen a ford service individual on here anymore. Then again I have not been looking. It used to be Nick, then it went to some lady, I saw her around for maaaaaybe 3 months?

Nick was awesome by the way.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah, it's too bad. I tried to contact them here for help with a premature rust isuse, but they've not been responsive.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you remember what dealership you bought it from, they would be able to tell you what was done at that location with just the VIN. I had some RMM issues a few weeks ago, and the dealership I bought it from had a record of some brake issues and tire stuff, but they couldn't tell me anything else that had been done prior to when they bought it from someone. I'm sure if you push enough buttons, and whisper-yell at the right people, there might be someone in the line that would be able to tell you the dealerships that logged that VIN, but probably not the work itself.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yea Ive tried getting a responce from Ford CS on here and heard absolutely nothing back. I think it was mentioned earlier but it doesnt have to be a Ford dealer, most reputable shops can get a history of services done to your vehicle, if those sevices were done at a reputable shop. I work at a nationwide shop and if I have a concern about if a certain service has been done the service writer can look at a service record that shows previous work done regardless where it was done. But again thats only if the previous shop documented it. Mom and Pop places typically wont show up but sometimes do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts