Ford Focus ST Forum banner
121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I forgot to pay the full amount earlier, so I'll get mine next week hopefully, DOH' lol.

Glad the kits are arriving and looking good! I'm pretty excited to get mine on =D

• Haha
Reactions: Oldandintheway

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Got mine in yesterday. Totally forgot it was coming and my wife was very confused why she was getting 2 metal bars and some screws... Lol.

Install maybe this weekend. I'm not sure what my plans look like.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I don't think there are any left. There was a specific number of kits made during this production run, and I believe they were all spoken for.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Should have mine Friday, hoping to install this weekend if the weather holds and USPS actually delivers on time for once.

How is everyone lifting the vehicle to install?
One last time, doing it the old fashioned way... Lol. Reminds me of that product to open plastic packaging. Sold in plastic packaging. Said 'The last package you'll ever struggle to open.'

To put jacks under it, I typically lift under the brace right next to the front jack point. It's a PITA, but it lets me get a jack stand under it.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
One last time, doing it the old fashioned way... Lol. Reminds me of that product to open plastic packaging. Sold in plastic packaging. Said 'The last package you'll ever struggle to open.'

To put jacks under it, I typically lift under the brace right next to the front jack point. It's a PITA, but it lets me get a jack stand under it.
Yeah, I remember the stark irony of trying to open a razor knife encased in bomb-proof plastic... Because I didn't have a knife to open the knife, lol.

I still use the jack point to get the car up, then put the stands on the frame rails with a piece of wood between the jack stand and the rail so it doesn't damage the undercoating.

That won't be an issue for long!

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Dang...I need to pay better attention next time. I will keep an eye out for people that never install and sell later.
This may be me. I had purchased this before I decided to pursue a new car. I haven't fully decided if I'll be installing mine yet. It really depends on how long it takes me to decide on a car.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I know I cannot post it here- but an aftermarket manufacturer has a set of weld-in jacking rails on clearance (I just came across it in their store) in case anyone is interested (no affiliation, just passing it along). PM me for details.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Well, I got the hour I needed for the install (plus and oil change and snuck a beer 😅 ).

Fitment is spot on! All the hardware is nice, but the rivet nut compression tool doesn't feel like it has much life left in it after I got done with both sides. I wasn't equipped with the massive wrench in SAE to fit the black nut properly, so I had to use my most hated tool: the adjustable wrench. It worked fine, but the 1/2" head bolt had me a tad worried, lol. Everything could probably go for another full install without issue, but they served their purpose just fine. (y)

Very happy with how it fits, looks, and how solid it is! The angles on the bar itself, and the holes for the mounting bolts, are really the kind of detailed compounded angles I like to see.

Well done @1tuffz !! And thank you for doing this run =D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is there any chance of another group order being made? If so I have some questions, but no point in asking if there's no chance of another run. Let me know, thanks!

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
687 Posts
Delivered and they look great.
Many thanks to all who chipped in a little to make shipping a little less...outrageous. Much appreciated.
Very cool! I still have to install mine, been way too busy, have next week off, so weather permitting!

• Sad
Reactions: Smokin' Joe

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Hurry the "F" up!! These are awesome! =D

• Haha
121 - 140 of 148 Posts