Ford Focus ST Forum banner
81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Confirmed. Thanks for getting this working for us, Joe! Do we know what shipping turn arounds might be? I'll be moving very soon and need to know which address to give.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Confirmed. Thanks for getting this working for us, Joe! Do we know what shipping turn arounds might be? I'll be moving very soon and need to know which address to give.
Once we have 10 in for the next run it'll be a month or so [we'll order material and hardware, machine the 6061-t6, have it anodized then pack & ship].

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I want to say first thank you to everyone for reviving this, we saw interest wane and hadn't planned another run. As Joe posted our material/hardware/shipping costs have gone up and done our best to minimize the price increase. With that said, new kit pricing is $165 + $15.50 for USPS flat rate priority shipping [USA]. I'm in Rochester, NY and local pickup is great if you'd like. We're using the same materials & hardware as before and no changes to the machining process on the rails. I'd ask one of the moderators chime in on whether I need to start a new post or am I allowed to continue this one with a new batch. If we have more than 10 that'd be great and would produce a few more to stock. We don't fire up the CNC machine for a single set...

Any questions, feel free to contact me directly at; palermodavid13 at gmail.com [I spelled the @ to lessen spam issues at my end].

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
2016 Oxford White
368 Posts
I'm tempted to just grab a set and try it out... Hopefully it will at least jack the car up somewhat level and I can toss a jack stand under 2/4 corners as needed for support. Just worried that it'll tip once I start wrenching.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
I'm tempted to just grab a set and try it out... Hopefully it will at least jack the car up somewhat level and I can toss a jack stand under 2/4 corners as needed for support. Just worried that it'll tip once I start wrenching.
I saw a pic years ago of an ST balanced with a jack stand on the rails [when Cooltech made them]. Yes, one each side balancing. Not that I would try it but it looked cool and a bit dangerous...

·
Registered
938 Posts
That's my plan, just do one side at a time and get 2 jack stands under her real quick.

Reactions: 1tuffz and xafnyx

·
Registered
938 Posts
8 double confirmed at this point. =D

·
Registered
938 Posts
Sweet. @1tuffz, please get that order in man. I'll buy the last one if I have to =-D

Reactions: 1tuffz

·
Registered
2017 ST3
54 Posts
I’ll get one as well.

·
Registered
938 Posts
It looks like the best way for us to get things nailed down is to send David (@1tuffz ) an email so he can compile a spreadsheet with everyone's info for the pre-purchase.

Please send him an email at his provided email address: palermodavid13 at gmail.com with the same title of this thread "New Jack Rail Kit" and just put your name and that you're confirming your intention to purchase one for now. I can confirm that is his email since we have had several conversations about this kit and how he's a lucky dog that gets to race in a fun series :p

I contacted one of the moderators about the FS format in an attempt to help clean up anything that's not following forum guidelines and to make sure that margin of safety is there for everyone that's gonna buy one of these.

Apparently the payment option is being sat on until we know the best approach that follows forum guidelines. Pre production or post production, either way it costs the same 👍

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,523 Posts
@Smokin' Joe did contact and ask me about it. I couldn't find anything specifically regarding group buys in the rules regarding payment, so ill agree with the post above, that each of you should email him individually so 1tuffz can handle payment and shipping individually. That seems to be the best way about it in my opinion.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone - I've replied to all emails thus far and building a basic spreadsheet to track all interested in this group buy. I'll reach out for deposit once we have 10 on my list. Then order materials & hardware. It'll likely take us about a month with what we can control [possibly with what we can't - supply chain issues, how quickly our anodizer can do the rails once machined and, finally, USPS. $15.50 is the cost on sending their flat rate medium box within the US. When ready to ship I'll ask for final payment and if you desire insurance for $3.85 -covers up to $200 value]. I'll email with progress on the kits so I'm not clogging the thread. Please feel free to email me with any questions or updates! Wonder why I've not been on the forums much, logged 6 races plus a week of Datsun Z goodness this year so far and two more races before 2021 is over. Next is Pittsburgh Intl. 10/2-3/21 then Barber Motorsports Park 12/11-12/21. ChampCar endurance series...
David
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

81 - 100 of 110 Posts