Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas. New to the game. Just bought a 2013 ST2. It came with a front grill that has a spot for a European style license plate. I looked at google images and found that there are plenty of pictures of there of them, however I cant find any for sale. Can anyone tell me if this is an option that is unusual. Its not really my cup of tea so I was looking to switch it out to a factory piece.

Thanks. Mike

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Hey fellas. New to the game. Just bought a 2013 ST2. It came with a front grill that has a spot for a European style license plate. I looked at google images and found that there are plenty of pictures of there of them, however I cant find any for sale. Can anyone tell me if this is an option that is unusual. Its not really my cup of tea so I was looking to switch it out to a factory piece.

Thanks. Mike
Pic of yours would be nice, I think you are just referring to the solid backing to the grill. If that's the case all of the ST's have it. Waiting for pic before official recommendation though.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Pic Added
I've got a 13' also but I have never seen that before. Are you sure the extra piece is not in the back with the spare. My front plate bracket was back there when I bought my car new. Also what plant does it say you car was made in(door jam sticker). Extremely odd.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Nothing in the trunk or anywhere else that I have looked. It looks as if it accommodates a European style front plate such as this...https://goo.gl/images/YkfERl

Edit. Sorry for the link. I'll work on getting it posted on the page
Yeah I see the European plate relief, but I have never seen that in the US. Or even see heard of anyone having it for that matter. I'd say the car is from Europe or someone replaced the front grill at one time.Was the car a military purchase and then brought over by chance?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Really, I have no idea where it came from. I did a google search for the car and found it semi locally. Two days later I owned it. Haha.
Can you tell me what I'm looking for as far as manufacture plant? Is it coded or does it just state the plant specifically?

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Really, I have no idea where it came from. I did a google search for the car and found it semi locally. Two days later I owned it. Haha.
Even on Ford's website this is the only pic the show for the front end.
Text Diagram Auto part

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Check your door sticker, I'm curious now.

(This is not mine, just grabbed off the internet) Mine was made in Michigan.
Text Font Label

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts

There it is. Working on getting it enlarged and rotated.
According to a VIN decode it says it was made in Michigan. So my best guess would be that someone replaced the whole piece at one time for whatever reason. The part in question appears to be Part#17B968(on the previous pic I posted) You may have to just replace the whole thing or just keep it like it is.

EDIT: For future reference try using Imgur for pics.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I saw that. The "L" indicates the Michigan truck plant. I looked into that and saw that they don't make cars at that plant. Unless the resources I'm using are incomplete. I agree. I think it has been replaced at one point or another. I just cant seem to find it online....anywhere...for sale. Kinda cool.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I saw that. The "L" indicates the Michigan truck plant. I looked into that and saw that they don't make cars at that plant. Unless the resources I'm using are incomplete. I agree. I think it has been replaced at one point or another. I just cant seem to find it online....anywhere...for sale. Kinda cool.
Yeah you have one of a kind for sure.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I like the idea of getting a custom EU plate made. Take your time, and make sure it's a good one!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts