Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not looking for any performance gain, but most comfortable/smooth ride quality. I have eibach pro kit springs and my stock struts/shocks rode great on those for a while. Are Bilstein b8s smoother?

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Nothing could be worse than OEM suspension...well not haveing any suspension would be worse, but you get what I mean.
Bilstein B8's rock.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Wouldn't stiffer rebound mean a more rough ride?
Read stiffer as more controlled not harsher. Konis are another option and with those you gain some adjustability.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothing could be worse than OEM suspension...well not haveing any suspension would be worse, but you get what I mean.
Bilstein B8's rock.

I already ordered the b8s but they are on backorder for 4-6 weeks, so I can still cancel. I just want to make sure I made the right decision. I'm more concerned with getting a suspension that is comfortable, not too worried about performance gains. I can buy brand new oem struts/shocks for $250 and put my stock spring back on, or keep my $650 order of the b8s with the eibach pro kit. Just trying to find out what would give me the smoothest ride. It has been so long since I've had stock springs on so I don't remember if it was smooth.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Wouldn't stiffer rebound mean a more rough ride?
Think about going over a bump, the suspension compresses and the stiffer rebound controls the springs from '"pogo'ing."
A stiffer compression would make for a rough ride in your example. Your spring rate is really not as important (other than motion ratio) when you have a proper damper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts