Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been a fan of the basic pedals provided by Ford, so are there any good quality foot pedals for the Focus, especially the ST? I'm particularly interested in gold ones to go with my car.

Registered

Registered
I have the heel-toe set, and it is indeed pretty hooliganey, but it wasn't hooliganey enough so I got a throttle spacer as well. Bad news: the heel-toe set with a throttle spacer causes there to be so little distance between the brake and throttle pedals that it's impossible to hit the brake alone. I ended up having to grind everything left of the middle vertical ridge in the extension off so I could safely control the car. It is incredibly easy to heel-toe now, but I don't recommend other people drive it...

Registered
Bad news: the heel-toe set with a throttle spacer causes there to be so little distance between the brake and throttle pedals that it's impossible to hit the brake alone.
This exactly how my ex put my car through a garage door 5 years ago. Since then I have gone with a spacer alone on my cars and only make small adjustments of the throttle closer to the brake. Keeps and ample gap for those unfamiliar and was a good excuse to limber up the ankle for HT.

Registered
This exactly how my ex put my car through a garage door 5 years ago. Since then I have gone with a spacer alone on my cars and only make small adjustments of the throttle closer to the brake. Keeps and ample gap for those unfamiliar and was a good excuse to limber up the ankle for HT.
I just clutch in any time I brake, unless I'm on a track. All the throttle in the world doesn't matter if it's not driving anything...

Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
I just clutch in any time I brake, unless I'm on a track. All the throttle in the world doesn't matter if it's not driving anything...
I could make an unfunny sexist joke here, but I won't. I will say that my girlfriend and her sister/mother are all the kind of people I could see driving my car straight into the back of another car, wall, garage door. They don't think straight when flustered and wouldn't know to clutch in lol. Not the mod for me.

I've been teaching my girlfriend stick with my car recently and she often starts stalling and instead of pushing the clutch in she sits there all confused and frustrated as it shakes and died and I'm like... :|

Registered
I kind of wish the gas pedal were a little bit wider but definitely longer. I am used to German cars where the pedal starts from the floor basically and is wide. I have not seen anything like that for the STs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts