Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had recall 14S17 performed on my ST back in 11/14 to repair the splices in the engine harness. My ST was an early build and has always had random intermittent misfires that cant be replicated when its at the dealer. Just recently it actually started throwing codes but they clear as soon as I am able to get it in to a dealer. This last time I pulled over and took off the engine cover and moved the harness that was repaired, it acted like a choke lever. The more pressure I put on it the rougher the engine would idle. Of course it doesnt do this unless the CEL is on. Took it back to the dealer today to have them inspect the repair. After having it all day they gave it back with the typical "no stored codes no direction to go". The wiring harness was still tapped with cheap electrical tape with wires exposed, they didnt even look.

Has anyone else had issues after 14S17 being performed?

Do Ford Reps still stay active on this site? I havnt been active here in years.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what it looked like before and after, that's how I know they didn't attempt to look at the splices. Went ahead and opened up the "quality electrical tape" and inspected them myself. Exposed wire at the ends of shrink tubing on several splices and the repair wire is not 16 inches like the official video shows to correct the issue. I'm guessing the length of the wire is important for resistance right? I was at work and didn't have time to get pictures before taping it back up but plan on getting pics before I take it back to get fixed properly.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After I told the Dealership about the horrible repair job done they agreed to fix it right. After getting it back I noticed proper engine harness tape was used and was tapped up 10x better than the first time so I didn't bother opening it up to see what they did. So far it has not had one issue and has ran smoother than it has since I bought it. (Knocking on wood)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.