Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fog lights will turn on with only the park lights on, do the STs come that way from the factory? I don't mind it but Virginia state inspections might take issue, I had to make covers for my 91 Mustang GT fog lights to pass inspection.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Should work with headlights when on low beam.

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
Mine operate that way from the factory. They can be turned on when the parking lights or low beams are on, but will not turn on if the lights are off or if the lights are in "auto" but not illuminated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine operate that way from the factory. They can be turned on when the parking lights or low beams are on, but will not turn on if the lights are off or if the lights are in "auto" but not illuminated.
Cool, hopefully that will protect me from the wrath of Virginia state inspections.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Same, on with parking lights, on with low beams, and on with high beams (BCM mod, great for night twist road driving)

Reactions: Jon96cobra

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why would that be an issue with our inspection? BTW which part of VA
I had a 1991 Mustang GT that had the fog lights wired to come on with only the park lights, and that wouldn't pass inspection. The mechanic was bound by the state police inspection rules and I didn't want to get him in trouble. He advised me as a work-around I could cover the lights and get it inspected again. I cut some black circles out of an old notebook and taped them on to pass.

I'm hoping that since I didn't modify anything and it seems like the car came from the factory that way that I should be in the clear. Worst case back to black covers to get inspected lol.

Virginia state inspections are a PITA sometimes but I will say we don't have a lot of clunkers on the roads either.

I live about 45 miles West of you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a 1991 Mustang GT that had the fog lights wired to come on with only the park lights, and that wouldn't pass inspection. The mechanic was bound by the state police inspection rules and I didn't want to get him in trouble. He advised me as a work-around I could cover the lights and get it inspected again. I cut some black circles out of an old notebook and taped them on to pass.

I'm hoping that since I didn't modify anything and it seems like the car came from the factory that way that I should be in the clear. Worst case back to black covers to get inspected lol.

Virginia state inspections are a PITA sometimes but I will say we don't have a lot of clunkers on the roads either.

I live about 45 miles West of you.
Hopefully they don't give you any problems. I grew up about 40 min west of Richmond in Cumberland and spent a lot of time in Charlotetsville. Drive safe out there, maybe one day we will pass each other! Look for a Metallic Blue '18:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts