Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever try the fog light leds from amazon? I don't wanna drop $120-$140 for a set but I've seen a few going for $50 and they have good reviews and the light output is nice. There's so many companies and I need to narrow down my choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I did the math and with diode dynamics 3 year warranty, $120 for theirs really isn't bad. I do wanna get the LED cornering bumbs from amazon

Reactions: antiace

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get what you pay for with lighting. I love my Diode Dynamics. Picked them up on black friday for $100.
I'm definitely not against diode dynamics just not sure if at the moment I want to do the xlm2s. I would run them for sure. Just looking around to see if I can find a less expensive yet reliable and quality alternative. If not, DD it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you're still looking, I bought these LEDs from Amazon and have been very happy with them.
The color is very white, and light up the road way better than the OEM fog light bulbs. I've only had them for a couple weeks, but so far all is well.

That being said, I just bought another set of the same LEDs for my low beams, and they will NOT work at all. Everything is good on accessory mode, but as soon as I start the car, the lights flash on for about 1/2 second, then they turn off and I get a low beam bulb fault error code. Keep that in mind if you were thinking of using them for the main lights as well. I'm not sure if I just got a bad set or whatever.

EDIT: Based on what I've recently read on here regarding LEDs in housings designed for halogen lamps (everyone PLEASE stop calling them "bulbs"), I plan to return the ones I bought for the low beams. It just doesn't seem responsible to run LEDs if it will be distracting others, and creating an unsafe situation. I see people driving around with glaring lights all the time, and I hate them. I don't want to be 'that guy'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts