Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK it wasn't so bad. I'm just going to discuss access to the bulbs as I'm sure you know how to undo the bulb. I removed the left (driver side) headlight. I recommend having something to pull the bulb up in case you drop it. I just wrapped some electrical tape around the wires and undone the tape so I can pull it up if I dropped it a second time because I could not reach it when it fell the first time. That covers access to the left bulb. The right side fog light is not accessible this way. Turn the steering wheel so the tires are pointing left. use the same torx bit that you used on the headlight and remove 2 torx screws that are on the covering that is attached to the fender. This will allow the shroud enough give so you can slip your hand in to undo the bulb. The screws I removed were on the bottom and the next one up. That was it. No removal of wheels or bumpers like so many videos are showing.

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
OK it wasn't so bad. I'm just going to discuss access to the bulbs as I'm sure you know how to undo the bulb. I removed the left (driver side) headlight. I recommend having something to pull the bulb up in case you drop it. I just wrapped some electrical tape around the wires and undone the tape so I can pull it up if I dropped it a second time because I could not reach it when it fell the first time. That covers access to the left bulb. The right side fog light is not accessible this way. Turn the steering wheel so the tires are pointing left. use the same torx bit that you used on the headlight and remove 2 torx screws that are on the covering that is attached to the fender. This will allow the shroud enough give so you can slip your hand in to undo the bulb. The screws I removed were on the bottom and the next one up. That was it. No removal of wheels or bumpers like so many videos are showing.
I just remove the belly pan like you are going to change the oil and that gives you more than enough access to get to both lights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts