Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was wondering if any ST3 owners were able to use their existing st3 amp and subwoofer wires to install aftermarket subwoofer and or amp. My st3 currently has no oem Sony sub, but it does have the existing Sony amp. I wanted to buy myself a nice set of aftermarket subs but idk if I can use the existing wires under the trunk carpet.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
it all depends on what your end goal is. for starters, you can use the OEM amp to drive a small light duty sub in something like the OEM sub box. the OEM amp doesn't have much power so it really cant drive a whole lot.

aside from that, you can use the OEM amp and sub wires as a source of signal to just about any amp or processor and amp. Since you said you're thinking about a "set of subs" makes me think that you are wanting a fairly good amount of bass, so this will be the path you will have to follow(also, I always strongly recommend getting one better quality sub vs any pair as you will often get batter sound, be just as loud, but take up a lot less space.)

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST3
689 Posts

Added a 200w amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 TS FoST ST3
14 Posts

Added a 200w amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
did you put that sub in and use the stock amp wiring to add an aftermarket amp? or did you wire up a whole new amp?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts