Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys from the pics do you suspect frame damage? Is that the frame rail above the front right wheel? If so it looks mangled and they did not mention bent frame in initial estimate...

I wish they would total this. They are only at $10.6k in damage so far before tear down. I would only expect this to go up, but they should have seen the bent frame on the initial estimate am I right?

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
The part that is mangled is the front wheelhouse reinf. which is sometimes called an upper frame rail. Your car will have to be put on a frame machine to pull out the damage prior to replacement The shop wants to fix your car and will call for a supplement when the car is dismantled. I would also be concerned with the bent suspension and possible steering and axle damage.
Usually an insurance co. will total a car when it reaches about 75% - 80% of the retail value.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I work at a body shop, they won't have an answer for you until they have the car torn down and measured. After they send the supplement to the insurance company its in their hands. It also depends on who your insurance is, some companies are more willing to wash their hands of the car cause they don't wanna be married to it. Others you'll have to fight with, especially if the shop is apart of the insurance companies direct repair program.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can tell you that your repair, if they use OEM parts will be way more than 10k. I had a deer hit last year, replaced radiator, radiator support, RF head lamp, bumper cover, grill shutters, and hood. Repaired RF fender, and repaired a ding in the a pillar. No airbags because the deer hit high. No damage to intercooler or anything below the headlamp line. So all in all a pretty minor hit, just looked bad because the hood folded. Anyway using all OEM parts the end total was 8700, almost double the initial estimate. Mine did not need any structural repairs, yours clearly does.

Wish you luck!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can tell you that your repair, if they use OEM parts will be way more than 10k. I had a deer hit last year, replaced radiator, radiator support, RF head lamp, bumper cover, grill shutters, and hood. Repaired RF fender, and repaired a ding in the a pillar. No airbags because the deer hit high. No damage to intercooler or anything below the headlamp line. So all in all a pretty minor hit, just looked bad because the hood folded. Anyway using all OEM parts the end total was 8700, almost double the initial estimate. Mine did not need any structural repairs, yours clearly does.

Wish you luck!
They obviously did not use oem parts. Still not done yet. They bought me a rental car. The shop that is. Nationwide is the worst. They were a direct repair facility for Nationwide and they said they do lifetime warranty work. Nationwide has not helped at all during this process aside to tell the body shop "they don't have to do that" when they told her they were buying me a rental... way to fight for the customer Nationwide. Who has ever heard of a claim lasting over a month?!

Do you think the parts will seriously affect the integrity? Could those parts be that junky?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts