Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
If the Challenger was offered as a manual I'd have one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
huh? every challenger ive ever driven was a manual

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
They don't even offer it in Manual? F***ing Dodge.
he must be thinking charger... the challenger is available in manual 6 speed or auto 8 speed

Reactions: brian60

·
Banned
7,049 Posts

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Never seen a manual Challenger.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
thats the pussification of america..LOL besides, the 8 speed cars are faster. I just love swapping gears

Reactions: poletrain

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
thats the pussification of america..LOL besides, the 8 speed cars are faster. I just love swapping gears
Yeah having control over when it shifts and the act of actually having the SKILL to do it makes it worth it to me. It better remain alive for as long as possible. #SaveTheManual

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
42k for a new challenger . . . :popped out:
for a 392 car, yes. If you want the smaller v8 they are much more affordable. You can get a scatpack 392 for 38k i believe.. thats the cheapest way to spec out the 485hp motor in these cars.. however the TA is an SRT without the SRT suspension. It has all the SRT bells and whistles through the radio and all the performance things the SRT has but for $7k less than an SRT.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
It might be that i am just extremely biased against dodge, but aren't there other "muscle cars" for quite a bit less? No offense to your decision, I see your motivation for the car you are choosing next. If you want to try something new, why not a Camaro? Is it mostly the look? I get that the challenger has done very well at looking like the old challenger. . . unlike the charger, or the dart :haha: .

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
It might be that i am just extremely biased against dodge, but aren't there other "muscle cars" for quite a bit less? No offense to your decision, I see your motivation for the car you are choosing next. If you want to try something new, why not a Camaro? Is it mostly the look? I get that the challenger has done very well at looking like the old challenger. . . unlike the charger, or the dart :haha: .
no offense taken.. the challenger is the ONLY muscle car available.. the camaro and mustang are pony cars and have become sports cars these days. They are like m3's where as the challenger is a little more raw like the mustang and camaro USED to be. And I just really really really dont like the camaro. I have hated dodge since I was old enough to understand why dodge sucked. But I fell in love with the challenger, and nothing has ever been able to shake that. Not even the fact that its a dodge. I almost got one rather than my ST, but my bucket list had hot hatch AND challenger on it and I decided to do the cheaper payments on the ST first.

·
Registered
389 Posts
no offense taken.. the challenger is the ONLY muscle car available.. the camaro and mustang are pony cars and have become sports cars these days. They are like m3's where as the challenger is a little more raw like the mustang and camaro USED to be. And I just really really really dont like the camaro. I have hated dodge since I was old enough to understand why dodge sucked. But I fell in love with the challenger, and nothing has ever been able to shake that. Not even the fact that its a dodge. I almost got one rather than my ST, but my bucket list had hot hatch AND challenger on it and I decided to do the cheaper payments on the ST first.
Fair enough, Id rather see you cruising in a challenger than any other dodge product. Good luck with the next purchase.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Fair enough, Id rather see you cruising in a challenger than any other dodge product. Good luck with the next purchase.
thank you sir... itll be a bit yet.. still very curious about a 2018 bullitt... pretty certain the mach 1 is coming back. But Im going to drive a lot of cars when it comes time. Im gonna spend a day or 2 in a challenger than do he same for a new GT... I can order the GT i want for 10k less so its a HUGE contender!

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
We have a silver Challenger Scat Pack in manual at the dealership here...it's fast.
scat pack 392 or regular? drive a 392 car and tell me that boat doesnt get up and roll. :RockOn:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yeah having control over when it shifts and the act of actually having the SKILL to do it makes it worth it to me. It better remain alive for as long as possible. #SaveTheManual
There was an awesome Jalopnik article I read about who even makes manuals anymore. It was your standard "Where'd the manuals go?" article bashing Audi, Benz, and BMW, but it concluded with one of the most powerful car related statements I've ever read. "Is it faster? Do you really care?"

My buddy got a 350z a couple months ago and I asked about the transmission and he said it's auto and he specifically chose auto because "It's actually faster shifting". Well no **** Sherlock, but you're not taking it off the road and turning it into a track only car. If that was the case, I'd believe it, but I hate that argument of "It shifts faster" It's just a BS excuse for being lazy and not wanting to have more fun. I should note, if you live in a city with a lot of traffic and you're stop and go always or you're super concerned with MPG's, then auto is fine, but when enthusiasts get an auto because they say it's faster shifting, gtfoutta here.

By the way, I think the correct terminology for "don't be a raging d-bag with it" is don't turn it into a donk

Exhibit A: donk challenger - Bing images

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.