Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first race I have gotten to do in my 2014 ST since I got it. A friend I work with has been talking big about his Hemi Sport so I figured we could line our cars up on our work road (long straight road) and see who has the faster car.

We decided to go from a roll since his truck being an automatic he could easily negate tire spin unlike me, so I asked him to do a 5mph roll to start. We get to 5mph and before I could even start to honk 3 times to start, he guns it and jumps.

I smashed the gas down and around 55mph started reeling him in. By about 85mph I was passing him. By 100mph he was a good 2 car lengths behind me.

Once we stopped at work to talk he turned into mister "this happened and that happened" but considering he got a good .5 second to 1 second jump on me, I beat him fairly.

Pretty proud of my ST because it was unmodified and on unleaded but I can't wait to start bolting on mods and see what I can score next!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I sure hope you beat him, hopefully next time you will have more work on the driver mod and won't take so long to take the lead.

·
Registered
554 Posts
What configuration was the truck? Big factor with pick ups. If just reg cab short box it's pretty much the same weight as a Chrysler/Charger/Challenger with the 5.7 Hemi - damn near half ton cars.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I almost lost to a 2013-2014 body style F-150 with a 3.5L engine. Some trucks are no joke.

Granted the F-150 could of easily been tuned but I had maybe half a car on him at 85 MPH from a stop.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Took you 2 yrs to have your first race? smh.... just teasing you. I say a win is a win. Hey he wanted to race you right?? Well you gave him what he wanted lol.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Albeit having done no actual research, apparently the EB F-150's are in the 14's stock and in the 13's with a tune, so there are trucks out there that would wreak havoc on an ST for sure. Not to mention the LS trucks aren't snails either. Idk if it was stock but I saw an Escalade thunder through the 1/4 down here at PBIR at high 14's. Quiet as a mouse too, so maybe just a tune but I was blown away at that tank running less than a second behind me.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yeah those dodge hemi trucks can be decent, especially in the regular cab swb form. I actually really like them too, would totally have one if I didnt have the need for back seats

·
Registered
744 Posts
Like others have said, trucks nowadays really aren't that slow anymore. The new F-150 with the TT 2.7L is really nice and seems to have a lot of potential. In fact, I'm seriously considering trading in my 2013 FoST for the new 2017 Fusion Sport that comes with the TT 2.7L It'll be AWD and make 325/380.

Edit: both have a 2.7L TT, not a 3.5L. My bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts