Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Focus ST trade in for an RS?

8K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  dan's st 
#1 ·
I have a 2016 Ford Focus ST. 29,000 Miles on body, going to be 0 miles on engine ( just went through a claim, my engine blew but im recieving a brand new crate engine. My question is, what do you think my trade in value would be? more than if i had the original engine, or less? Also, what do you think the trade in will be around.

#3 ·
Mine with 5k miles was around 20k too. These things ****ing plummet as soon as you sign on the dotted line. You are gonna take a hit on the trade, best bet to feel okay is to get a bit of a deal on a RS. Don't listen to deal b.s. on mark up and stuff because they are on lots all over and people have been getting deals.

Reactions: Joecast44
#8 ·
Go to TrueCar. They'll give you the last 7 deals in your area. Tell your dealer that you got the numbers from TrueCar. Shop it around too. You don't even have to go to the dealer. I did almost everything over email.

I JUST got a 2017 ST3 fully loaded for 24,500. It took some work but it was worth it. I had 3 dealers bidding. I really wanted the Kona Blue but this dealer was about $500 under the others and then when I hesitated he said "what if I take another $500 off?"

I said ok but then I took his offer to another dealer who just got super pissed that I was asking them to lower their offer by $1,100 now. They tried a bunch of BS, said it was a bogus deal, that it must ahve been sitting for a while... The dealer even said "well, you know with ours you're not getting a car with flat spots on the tires from sitting so long. You have no way of knowing how long that car sat there." I said I kind of know based on the year of the car right? You can also look all that stuff up with the VIN.

Ford has a $4,000 kick back and I think the dealer is getting a bit more because my guy added a bit more in incentives. EVEN if they sell it at cost they still get the hold back which is about $1,000 on the ST3 so don't let them tell you they're not making money.

One more thing is don't forget to negotiate the trade in too. Never let your guard down either because once they pass you off to finance most people think the hard work is over and then they get taken hard. Those guys are salesman too. Even if you want the warranty, turn it down and the price will drop. Act completely uninterested and you'll get it for half the price. Read EVERYTHING and question everything.

#6 ·
I got 22k for my ST first offer was 19k. But with a little persistence they came up to terms with me. I had a '16 ST2. Got my '17 RS2 with the forged wheels fully loaded except for the sunroof for 42k. It's a little higher than what others are paying over on the mainland (I'm in Hawaii) but they were really pushing on 50k. Which I was not gonna do. I feel like they were a little desperate to get it sold so they came down quite a bit. I'm sure if I pushed harder I could've got more but I'm happy with my RS and I feel like I got a damn good deal.

#9 ·
I have a 2017 st with 5500 miles. I tried to trade it in at the dealer for an RS. They were going to do 1k under MSRP and give me 18k for mine. It was my car and $26500 more out the door. I just couldnt do it. I didnt try negotiating but I'm sure I could have gotton a few more thousand off, but that was just to much money for me to justify.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.