Ford Focus ST Forum banner
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey all I had a 2012 focus titanium and had the stereo sounding great. Well I just traded it in on a 2014 ST And even with the same settings as I had on the titanium it doesn't sound the same. How is this possible? It almost sounds muffled and distorted at times. By no means does it sound horrible just not as good as the same stereo that was in the titanium. Any ideas why? Current settings are +2 bass, +2 mids and +4 treble

·
Registered
38 Posts
The older one. The new amps have a very strange midtone, and NO bass.
So what you are saying, is that I should keep a lookout for anyone selling a stock st amp from a 13? or even a titanium...does it have the same? because this sound system is pretty much useless. I don't even notice it has a sub or that it has an extra sound package...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've had quite a few SQ set ups in my past cars, although ST is the OK, it is fatiguing. I actually feel tired listening to it. Its not bad ...don't misunderstand me, its just lacking. I'm on a quest to improve the set up. I bought the car used and the stock sub is missing, because the previous owner installed an aftermarket sub and amp and then removed it before trading the car in. I read through this thread and there seems to be a common problem with the stock amp. My car is 2014, it probably has to do with inconsistencies of how the amp is manufactured or lack of enough quality control. I never liked Sony, this must be why I don't like the stock system. My 2008 Dodge Caravan's stock system is actually more relaxing....anyways I'm just rambling on and not really contributing to the thread am I?

·
Registered
772 Posts
I've had quite a few SQ set ups in my past cars, although ST is the OK, it is fatiguing. I actually feel tired listening to it. Its not bad ...don't misunderstand me, its just lacking. I'm on a quest to improve the set up. I bought the car used and the stock sub is missing, because the previous owner installed an aftermarket sub and amp and then removed it before trading the car in. I read through this thread and there seems to be a common problem with the stock amp. My car is 2014, it probably has to do with inconsistencies of how the amp is manufactured or lack of enough quality control. I never liked Sony, this must be why I don't like the stock system. My 2008 Dodge Caravan's stock system is actually more relaxing....anyways I'm just rambling on and not really contributing to the thread am I?
I tend to agree on the stock system sound quality. However the Sony amp is fully digital, and due to its design it REQUIRES a load to be present on each channel. If a load is missing on a channel, you can experience pops, cracks, poor(er) sound quality, and overheating amplifier.

Personally, I find the Sony system with MFT to be one of the worst values among 'Premium' sound systems.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts