Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
After having a kick ass system in my old Ranger, I think this one sucks. The bass is so light! I saved the amp and sub from my truck, but I have absolutely no experience or knowledge of installing audio components into cars. Has anyone played around with it yet?
Think of it like this.......you have a new project. Your old Ranger did roll on the factory line with a kick azz system in it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Think of it like this.......you have a new project. Your old Ranger did roll on the factory line with a kick azz system in it.
You are indeed right. But I paid a lot of money for the components and system installation and I don't want to have to pay again! On the other hand, it might be cheaper in the long run to have it professionally done just in case I screw up and damage parts.

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
You are indeed right. But I paid a lot of money for the components and system installation and I don't want to have to pay again! On the other hand, it might be cheaper in the long run to have it professionally done just in case I screw up and damage parts.
Wait a minute....did you get rid of the Ranger? Don't tell me you did and left the equipment in it?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wait a minute....did you get rid of the Ranger? Don't tell me you did and left the equipment in it?
Yes, I traded it in to buy the ST. And hell no I didn't leave the equipment in the truck!!! It's sitting in my garage waiting patiently to be installed in my ST haha.

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
Yes, I traded it in to buy the ST. And hell no I didn't leave the equipment in the truck!!! It's sitting in my garage waiting patiently to be installed in my ST haha.
Thank God. I was about to call you a DA. (dumbazz) But at least you have the equipment still to start over, so crisis prevented.

·
Registered
762 Posts
i regret the day i traded in my civic with Diamond audio speakers and amps installed for a used infinity. stupid me!!!!!! This system is decent though, needs some better highs though.

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
i regret the day i traded in my civic with Diamond audio speakers and amps installed for a used infinity. stupid me!!!!!! This system is decent though, needs some better highs though.
Like I said earlier......you have a new project.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Anyone here have the Base ST sound system? It's not exactly good.. mids are weirdly muddy. I like more of a rock EQ (Higher Treb, reduced mid, and higher bass) and I'm having a heck of time trying to balance it out through my usb stick. After work I'm going to hook my Cowon j3 into it and use that as a pre-amp. I should be able to tweak the settings so it doesn't sound like buttsauce.

Just curious if anyone has the non-sony system

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I know there are others that have the base ST on here, but I've got the ST2. I'm just glad I don't, now that you mention it. I don't know how I'd get the "buttsauce" stains off my cloth seats!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I know there are others that have the base ST on here, but I've got the ST2. I'm just glad I don't, now that you mention it. I don't know how I'd get the "buttsauce" stains off my cloth seats!
Haha I guess I was just trying to be creative with the wording. I just want to point out that the base stock stereo is disappointing, especially for Ford. On the bright side, it leads to a nice little project for the future :wink:

·
Registered
201 Posts
When I get my ST3 (6-8 weeks, I hope sooner) and I get through the holidays I plan to tear into the ST3's system and see what I can do to it (Its been a few years but used to do installs for over 10 years professionally) . I am pulling out my very nice system from my 03 Pontiac Vibe GT to either transfer to the ST3 or sell. I will post all info I find out, or if any one beats me to it please post your findings. Here are a couple of pictures of my Vibe GT. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door Steering wheel Bumper Automotive exterior Trunk Vehicle Car

·
Registered
400 Posts
The 10-speaker Sony system isn't awful, but to me the mids are a bit shrill and the treble is lacking. Bass sounds fine, but I'm not listening to electronic music either. Has anyone here tried upgrading the door speakers and the front tweeters? Seems to me like maybe they're the weak link.

Sounds better than my BMW's system already though.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I did find out that the covers to the tweeters come off very easily if you wanted to check them out. I may see how easy it is to pop off the front door cards today and have a look at the speakers.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Any idea what size the speakers are in the doors? I tried searching on Crutchfield and a search using a 2013 5 door focus had both 5 1/4 and 6 1/2 speakers coming up. It looks like the doors would only fit a 5 1/4 size without taking apart the door.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Well no its not the best factory system i ever heard better then the Bose offered in the Nissan Z's I had one distorting with just some good Old PM5k which bought made me cry. I do like the fact it can connect and rear my Zune right off the bat with memory. But under heavier bass songs the speakers can distort. Wish they would ran 80% of the bass threw the Sub, to me only about 40% of the boom is from the sub. Also Equalizer is really bland miss my old one on my kenwood. I could play with all kinds of settings. But Now i'm selling my system 1200W MTX Jackhammer system, so no more BIG BOOM-BOOMS for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i had a 2011 ford edge with the same loaded sound system. make sure in your settings you arent in "surround" mode. switch it to "stereo" and see how much better it sounds. ; ) A center speaker for music is stupid.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have the stock ST sound system. It does indeed sound like buttsauce.... I am going to upgrade the radio and add in a nice amp and some 6.5 components in the near future.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i had a 2011 ford edge with the same loaded sound system. make sure in your settings you arent in "surround" mode. switch it to "stereo" and see how much better it sounds. ; ) A center speaker for music is stupid.
Assuming the Sony system in the 2011 Ford Edge is the same one as in the ST, can you tell me where you can switch to stereo from surround? Can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

41 - 60 of 106 Posts