Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After nearly one week of enjoying the ST, I'd have to say the stock Sony 10 speaker system is pretty good. I felt the factory audio settings made the mid range a little flat, so my current adjustment is bass +3, mid +3, high +1.

Here's a couple of pics of the Subwoofer and amp:

focus-st-amp1.JPG focus-st-amp2.JPG focus-st-sub.jpg

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No rattles in the back. It does shake the rear-view mirror pretty good though :)

Do you get any vibrating in the rear door panels Dan???

·
Registered
915 Posts
heres a stereo for ya!! this was in my old 92 GMC sierra standard cab truck.. 4800 watts 165 decibals, 14 speakers in a single cab,, well u can imagine!!! DSC00152Small.jpg DSC00182Small.jpg DSC00209Small.jpg DSC00900Small.jpg DSC00902Small.jpg DSC00906Small.jpg DSC00907Small.jpg DSC00911Small.jpg P1010108Small.jpg

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm glad you guys like the stereo, I was wondering about it. Nice pictures of the amp and subwoofer. I have the Bose system in my RX8, I think it is around 300 watts and that one sucks too. I have the 500 watt Alpine in my TRX4 Ram with a subwoofer and that one works good.

·
Registered
915 Posts
the amp would be easy to change out, an upgraded 8" sub would be an easy swap as well

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
So the bass hits pretty good? Looks like a nice system.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
The stereo is not as loud as the one i had in my Old Focus but it is a clean sound with good range which is a good sacrifice. I wonder though were all the speakers are? I see 8 total in the doors and the sub is there a center channel somewhere in the dash?

·
Registered
915 Posts
The stereo is not as loud as the one i had in my Old Focus but it is a clean sound with good range which is a good sacrifice. I wonder though were all the speakers are? I see 8 total in the doors and the sub is there a center channel somewhere in the dash?
the front door speakers are seperates, the woofer is mounted in the lower part of the door and the tweeters up around ear level or near the window..thats how they get to call it a 10 spkr system

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I understand the tweeters and such but in the lower part of the door your saying they have 2 speakers per door on the fronts? so a total of 6 speakers in the front?

·
Registered
22 Posts
the amp would be easy to change out, an upgraded 8" sub would be an easy swap as well
^^Good call. I had Bose in my Infiniti without a sub and it sounded better than my buddy's Harmon Kardon in his new M3. My Dad has the Sony speaker system in his F-150 with the sub underneath the rear seat and it sounds good too. More bass than the Infiniti but nothing could ever match that sound clarity and quality. I'm just hoping the ST has the same Sony's as my Dad's truck (thinking it will). Car is unfortunately on hold and I'm furious but the second I get it, I'm going to compare the two systems.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts