Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Thank you for this forum. And maybe you guys could help me here :)

I just purchased a brand new Focus ST (magnetic color). I've started having this weird "space gun" sound when I start the car this morning. It would go off only once (one beep), then 2, 3 and now 4 times.
I have attached a video, so you can better understand it.
Please let me know if anybody had experienced this before, I called the dealership and they want me to bring it in.

Thank you
Petr

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It kinda does. But the strange thing is it keeps increasing in count of the beeps. It started off with one beep only

·
Registered
236 Posts
Reaching here. But. check your USB slots. That sounds suspiciously like a gadget called an anoyatron which you can plug into an available USB slot to make random noises. Yes I know those kind of people.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is it one of those prank toys? lol. Nothing in usbs. I only have paired my iphone with the bluetooth, but thats about it

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Check under the dash and see if u have a mini piezo siren. It could be attached to an alarm or even am ignition.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you for the reply ghtettojay. I looked and didnt see anything particular. I started it up and the sound went off 5 times now. It almost sounds like its coming from the fuse box

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I've seen other threads about beeping coming from the engine bay but not from inside the car like yours. This one is strange! Sounds like reverse sensors or an alarm of some kind.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Before you go to your dealer have a trusted mechanic put your car on a lift and search for a low jack or other type of GPS monitoring device. remote possibility but some dealers install these in case they need to find the car to do a repo.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
That sound was clear as day inside the cabin so I doubt it's anywhere else. Typically the GPS trackers are installed by the "pay here" dealers and the OP bought new. Unless he has an evil ex my guess is something wrong with something electronic. It sounds like the OP doesn't have an aftermarket alarm either.

Please keep us posted - it'll be interesting to close this one out with a resolution.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
That sounds like a mini piezo . Now this car is new correct not used?

I shouldn't speak for the OP but he mentions new in the post & also the odometer shows 370 miles

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys for the advices. I hope its not any kind of tracking devices that just sounds creepy lol.
ghettojay: Yes it's brand new, I got it 2 days ago

I will definitely keep you all posted, I called 2 different dealerships and they had no clue

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Now im going by what i might think it is but judging by the time lapse it took from when the car started to when thensound was triggered. There has to be a timed relay some were under that dash triggering a siren some wheere in the inside. Idk for what but im interested to find out. Keep us posted

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So it was a tracking device that was installed by the other dealer before the car was brought down to me. The guy from my dealership said that the wiring was installed wrong and the battery would die and didnt charge, and thats why it would make that beeping noise.

·
Super Moderator
10,085 Posts
So it was a tracking device that was installed by the other dealer before the car was brought down to me. The guy from my dealership said that the wiring was installed wrong and the battery would die and didnt charge, and thats why it would make that beeping noise.
Did they remove it or just correct the wiring? I would want that bugger gone.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts