Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After one month of ownership, I can honestly say that this 4 banger ST sounds soo good. Especially in the cabin letting the gears rev. I don’t care if it’s fake or not. Sounds awesome. Not only that but the ST really feels buttoned down. I’m seriously digging my ‘17 one month in. I love the sport attitude along with firmish ride and Eagle F1s
Mine is an all stock ST1 and super impressed so far. This car loves to dance but it’s also satisfying to drive leisurely too.
No regrets.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Glad to see you like your ST. My biggest disappointment with the Sound Symposer is that in my mind I hear, "Burrrr...B-Burrrr.....BB-Burrr!" and feel excited, meanwhile the people I pass hear nothing at all.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually my only one complaint is I get some random creaks in the cabin. One from rear passenger door/hatch and sometimes passenger door. They’re minor but do hear them. I almost always drive with my window open a bit (SoCAL) so wind drowns it out. I put Gummi Pfledge on all weather stripping and adjusted hatch bump stops as left one was too far out. It may have helped some.

As for outside sound not as good as inside, yeah I get it. But I can deal.

·
Registered
629 Posts
take the intake box top cover off. you'll get more intake/turbo noise. and the bypass valve noise when you let off the throttle.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you don’t have one already, get a Green Filter. I got my ST at the end of August. I put the filter on the night I brought it home. Turbo and BPV noises are more prevalent now. Such a fun car to drive.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
symposer delete, best mod ever :p

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I really liked the symposer for a while too. You could probably find a post of me saying that I think its awesome too somewhere on this forum.

I removed it about 6 months ago and I do not think I am going back. I think the car demands more respect without the symposer.

But I agree this car is awesome stock. I love the quietly aggressive sound, the engine does sound really nice at high RPMs, and I find I can hear air rushing & pressure releasing even completely stock but I have pretty good ears I think.

Reactions: angrychair

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've had mine for about a year, and I LOVE the symposer. It's not fake, the sound comes straight from the engine. It's just tuned to sound sweet. I wish it sounded like that on the outside as well, so everyone could enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I really liked the symposer for a while too...I removed it about 6 months ago and I do not think I am going back.

Exactly this, I didn't think I hate it until I deleted it and it was night and day better without it(at least for sure if you have aftermarket exhaust since the factory exhaust is 110% silent.)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
My brother! Do not let them bother you, I too find our symposer to be just right for our stock vehicle.
No worries. I’ve thrown money and mods at cars in my past. In my late 40s now. I basically don’t buy a car I don’t like out of the box stock. If i wanted more power and sound, I’d have gotten a Camaro 1SS w/NPP exhaust option. The ST is perfect for me. Throwing $$ into mods is something i stopped doing years ago. And putting an aftermarket exhaust on a 4cyl to me is almost laughable. Paying for “noise” and drone. And it will never sound like anything but a 4 banger lol.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've had mine for about a year, and I LOVE the symposer. It's not fake, the sound comes straight from the engine. It's just tuned to sound sweet. I wish it sounded like that on the outside as well, so everyone could enjoy it.
Agreed. But I don’t care as much how it sounds on the outsiide.

·
Registered
395 Posts
that sound symposer was gone before 500 miles

I hated the sound.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Give it like 5000 miles.. you will have 100 more creaks and squeeks.. possibly rattles ... then every 5K there after it just gets bit worse lol.

Actually my only one complaint is I get some random creaks in the cabin. One from rear passenger door/hatch and sometimes passenger door. They’re minor but do hear them. I almost always drive with my window open a bit (SoCAL) so wind drowns it out. I put Gummi Pfledge on all weather stripping and adjusted hatch bump stops as left one was too far out. It may have helped some.

As for outside sound not as good as inside, yeah I get it. But I can deal.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Give it like 5000 miles.. you will have 100 more creaks and squeeks.. possibly rattles ... then every 5K there after it just gets bit worse lol.
Looking forward to it. Then it will be time for a cat back I guess. :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts