Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I drive a 2015 ST3. The current sound system isn't bad, but I would like it to be a little better. By better I mean quite a bit louder and with more bass, but also reasonably clear and crisp. It doesn't have to be world class, but I think there is substantial room for improvement. I know some people on here have done upgrades themselves. I've never upgraded or installed sound equipment before, should I attempt it on my own or have a company do it for me? Just looking for some suggestions from people who know more than I do. Thanks!

·
Registered
660 Posts
There is a simple upgrade of replacing the factory amp located in the trunk with an earlier -AA revision instead of the later revisions that adds volume to the factory system. Also, adding poly fill to the subwoofer enclosure cleans up the sound of the sub.

If you are looking to remove the factory components and replace them with upgraded speakers and or add an aftermarket amplifier and subwoofer, it can be done by a novice but I don't think I would recommend it if you want a clean look and quality sound.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,196 Posts
Aside from what jam360nml said, there is an electronics section on the forum which would be a better place for this question. There's hundreds of threads with info that will help you there.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys! I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot. I will go check out that electronics section

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,196 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys! I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot. I will go check out that electronics section
No problem bud, hope you find what you're looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts