Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Looked around the internet for parts of my car. So I found this part. But I do not really understand what sound it's supposed to remove. If you assemble this one. Will they be less engine noise in the car?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,883 Posts
Hello! Looked around the internet for parts of my car. So I found this part. But I do not really understand what sound it's supposed to remove. If you assemble this one. Will they be less engine noise in the car?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
The sound symposer pumps sound from the intake manifold into the cabin. Most delete it because it's broken, need a vacuum port, conflicts with their exhaust, etc.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I could of swore I read somewhere that the Euro STs had electronic symposers, and thus the symposer delete should be useless for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, but you don't really need the removal kit. I just unplugged mine and wrapped male and female connectors in the best electrical tape I could find.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Keep in mind that using a block-off plate, and removing the SS (and all the plastic hoses) cleans up the engine bay. I kept the SS in a box just in case I need to throw it back in there.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I could of swore I read somewhere that the Euro STs had electronic symposers, and thus the symposer delete should be useless for you.
I watched a vid of someone with an RS that found out where to disconnect the wire for this. (located somewhere in the hatch underneath the panel). I don't know if it would be the same as an ST though

·
Registered
7 Posts
First thing I did.capped it with kit.got rid of the garbage that goes with it.now can hear exhaust and turbo.I get all my parts at cjponyparts.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
someone mentioned before using a rubber cap for the other end?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts