Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Back again with yet another issue with my car. Just last week I was driving my car and had it stall on me while I was driving. Threw a code for the crankshaft sensor. Replaced the sensor reset the codes and the car ran fine for one week. Then all of a sudden while I was coming home the car died out on me again threw more codes this time for the camshaft sensor and the crankshaft sensor again! Any ideas as to what it can be? I don't want to replace sensor just to find out its something else. Wires are fine as well when I checked.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
773 Posts
First off what are the exact codes you have been dealing with? Secondly, what is the year, trim level, and modifications to the vehicle? And lastly what, if anything has changed? Any recent work to the vehicle (factory / aftermarket / etc), traffic collision, anything that could possibly attribute to the issue at hand.

When installing the new crank what alignment set tools did you use? ( OEM / Ebay / rented from a local auto parts store)

J

Reactions: Boostedlarry

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off what are the exact codes you have been dealing with? Secondly, what is the year, trim level, and modifications to the vehicle? And lastly what, if anything has changed? Any recent work to the vehicle (factory / aftermarket / etc), traffic collision, anything that could possibly attribute to the issue at hand.

When installing the new crank what alignment set tools did you use? ( OEM / Ebay / rented from a local auto parts store)

J
It's a 2017 focus ST1. The car is fbo on e30 and has been like this for 3 years with no issues tuned by stratified and nothing has been changed since. The codes were p0340 and p0335. When I installed the crankshaft sensor I asked if I need a tool amd was told no. It's a simple one place bolt on part and that's it. I put it on and the car ran fine until yesterday when it stalled pit while driving with those codes being thrown up for both the crankshaft and the camshaft position sensor malfunction code

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
773 Posts
When I installed the crankshaft sensor I asked if I need a tool amd was told no.
Who told you that the sensor did not require any special tool for proper alignment?

A lot hinges on the exact alignment and air gap of this sensor. Please take special care to not loosen the crankshaft bolt. Unless it has been modified (keyed to the crankshaft itself) you will be required to retime the engine. Special single use diamond coated friction washers are used. Don't make more work for yourself.

Call around to see if you can rent these tools if you aren't in a position to purchase them.

J

1 - 6 of 6 Posts