Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i recently had a crackle pop tune, i took it off after running it for a week. I don’t have a catless downpipe and i took the time off 2 weeks ago. The other day i had a check engine light pop up so i scanned the code. it was for the o2 sensor bank 1. My ST doesn’t backfire anymore like gurgles and when i shift then accelerate into 2nd gear, the car shakes back and forth a bit. Does the o2 sensor affect the cars performance?Im currently running no tune and i still haven’t changed the o2 sensor.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,871 Posts

Just to keep from beating a dead horse.

Reactions: Theguynamedguy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i took off the crackle pop tune a while ago like i said, i’m not tuned anymore. i just wanna know if anyone had the same issue

·
Super Moderator
9,799 Posts
i took off the crackle pop tune a while ago like i said, i’m not tuned anymore. i just wanna know if anyone had the same issue
Many have had similar problems, and yes, the o2 sensor effects performance. Sensor 1, Bank 1 is the wideband.

Reactions: SSgtjrobertson

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,871 Posts
I suggest a KAM reset and to keep an eye on the AFR. If you receive another DTC referring to the the wideband O2 sensor (sensor 1 bank 1) then you may need to replace it. This sensor is crucial to your vehicles operation.

Was that your only tune or did you switch to another tune without the old poops & spackles? Who is your tuner?

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I suggest a KAM reset and to keep an eye on the AFR. If you receive another DTC referring to the the wideband O2 sensor (sensor 1 bank 1) then you may need to replace it. This sensor is crucial to your vehicles operation.

Was that your only tune or did you switch to another tune without the old poops & spackles? Who is your tuner?
yeah i only ran a crackle pop tune by stratify, thats it

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,871 Posts
So are you stage 0? I would advise against running one of the more advanced stages from Cobb as they are more of a base for you to build from using there tuning software. Not a beginner sort of thing.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Bank one is the front O2 sensor which monitors your air fuel ratio controls how the car runs bank 2 is the rear O2 sensor just to tell the car that the cat is working. Bank 1 o2 sensor will definitely affect how the car runs you need to change that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts