Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the ST/turbo game, recently purchased a 2013 Race Yellow STand for my first modification im looking for an intercooler. My question is can i fit a stock RS intercooler to replace my ST's intercooler and will it give me any gains? My backup plan is to buy a Garrett intercooler but if i can get an RS one i will go in that direction.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I believe you can make it work. But it's not a direct bolt in. I also believe it is slightly better than the ST's stock intercooler. But it's not as good as any other aftermarket intercooler meant for the St. Bang for buck I'd recommended Depo 3.5"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm putting one in on Saturday. I'll let you know what my charge temps are after a couple runs.
I believe you can make it work. But it's not a direct bolt in. I also believe it is slightly better than the ST's stock intercooler. But it's not as good as any other aftermarket intercooler meant for the St. Bang for buck I'd recommended Depo 3.5"
Sounds good i appreciate your responses and im really looking forward to this upgrade and will let you all know what i decided to do!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Finally installed it. Ran it 2nd at 2500 to 3rd 6000 rpm. Outside temp here in SWFL was 88. At the beginning of the run it was at 105. At the end it was 113. Before the install it was 135. Not bad for $100 and installing it was a piece of cake. Got four pieces of steel at home depot and some hardware.

Attachments

·
1,768 Posts
Glad to see numbers! Had i known that IC was that much of an upgrade before buying my CPE, i would have done this myself. Your mounting is much stronger than the OEM ST mount setup also.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nice, I wanted to do this when I first got the ST, because it looked like it would fit.

·
Registered
305 Posts
cant wait to install my Levels IC, that RS intercooler is a very cost effective upgrade

·
Registered
10 Posts
Finally installed it. Ran it 2nd at 2500 to 3rd 6000 rpm. Outside temp here in SWFL was 88. At the beginning of the run it was at 105. At the end it was 113. Before the install it was 135. Not bad for $100 and installing it was a piece of cake. Got four pieces of steel at home depot and some hardware.
Any idea what brackets you used to mount the IC. I know it's been awhile, but if you could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.
Even if you remember what kind of brackets they are called will help me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts