Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wrecked my car yesterday, went into a ditch and into some brush sliding of the highwah at 45 mph. I will have an adjuster come look at it, but I noticed today that he horn sounds really wierd. Kinda muffled, and honestly it's kinda painful sounding. My question is would my insurance cover it. And if not what would be my best solution.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
So I wrecked my car yesterday, went into a ditch and into some brush sliding of the highwah at 45 mph. I will have an adjuster come look at it, but I noticed today that he horn sounds really wierd. Kinda muffled, and honestly it's kinda painful sounding. My question is would my insurance cover it. And if not what would be my best solution.

Is this post only asking about insurance fixing the horn, or are you having other damage fixed and you're wondering if the horn will also be fixed? If there is 0 other damage to the car except the horn I would fix it myself, but if you're having other stuff done then yeah a horn fix would be a really easy job and they would definitely fix it. It's probably just of the wire connections. We have a dual horn. One is high pitch and the other is low. Both fire and makes our main horn. Both can be replaced for cheap, I think they were like $30 or something..then you would have labor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this post only asking about insurance fixing the horn, or are you having other damage fixed and you're wondering if the horn will also be fixed? If there is 0 other damage to the car except the horn I would fix it myself, but if you're having other stuff done then yeah a horn fix would be a really easy job and they would definitely fix it. It's probably just of the wire connections. We have a dual horn. One is high pitch and the other is low. Both fire and makes our main horn. Both can be replaced for cheap, I think they were like $30 or something..then you would have labor.
Oh no the car is damaged damages will probably amount to over 500

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Oh no the car is damaged damages will probably amount to over 500

Dang. Well that's unfortunate. Yup, just make sure the adjuster is fully aware of the horn and they will have it fixed. It'll add to the labor cost because they'll have to drop the front bumper to get to it. At least the damages are minimal!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dang. Well that's unfortunate. Yup, just make sure the adjuster is fully aware of the horn and they will have it fixed. It'll add to the labor cost because they'll have to drop the front bumper to get to it. At least the damages are minimal!
Foglite front left and bumper front left are cracked, left back quarter panel is popped out, back left bumper brackets look broke, both rims are scrapped to **** and back right fender is popped out, also some wood is wedge underneath the spoiler

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Foglite front left and bumper front left are cracked, left back quarter panel is popped out, back left bumper brackets look broke, both rims are scrapped to **** and back right fender is popped out, also some wood is wedge underneath the spoiler

The cost to fix all of that is going to be much more than $500, so don't be surprised when the bill is higher than expected...good idea going with an insurance claim lol

·
Registered
210 Posts
horn assembly is $25.71

having dealer replace it cuz I was lazy = $195.88 labor .....

the horn is a bit of a pain to get to ... it is LOW so easy to suck up water or crud .... mine just quit working one day. checked the relays and they audibly 'clicked' saying they were good as was the steering wheel switch.

Yes, if you are doing an insurance claim just ensure the adjuster/estimate lists the horn ....

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
horn assembly is $25.71

having dealer replace it cuz I was lazy = $195.88 labor .....

the horn is a bit of a pain to get to ... it is LOW so easy to suck up water or crud .... mine just quit working one day. checked the relays and they audibly 'clicked' saying they were good as was the steering wheel switch.

Yes, if you are doing an insurance claim just ensure the adjuster/estimate lists the horn ....
Funny, mine also just died a month ago and I've been putting it off since it has been below 10*F the past 2.5 weeks straight almost. I also don't have a garage so dropping my front bumper isn't too enjoyable. Once you drop the front bumper off though, honestly it's a cake walk to replace...and after the first time you take off the front bumper you can take it off in like 20 minutes at most if you're careful.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I agree, it is not difficult ... I just was lazy at the time and still recovering from a hip replacement so decided not to futz with it.

I have a 'classic Mini' that I've been maintaining since 2004 including DIY body section replacement (welding) and the painting there after ....

and I work on MINI for folks out of my garage ... have dropped many a front cover!

I just get lazy with the ST ...... the eng' compartment is SO packed, even as compared to a MINI

do more DIY with the wife's MINI Roadster

and to make you jealous ....

I live in FL ..... where we think 40 is deadly cold. I have a three car garage .... NOT filled with crap ... I park 3 cars in it. I've been building my tool set since 1977 and inherited my father's in 2003; he was a tool guy too .... wife just replaced my floor jack for the holiday with a 2 ton super low profile long reach ..... compressor is piped in with hose racks on the ceiling ... had extra outlets at higher amperage installed all around the garage which also has 240v for the welder. Don't have room for a lift but not willing to move at this time to house that's more 'lift friendly' ... see those small floor lifts and say hummmmmmmm

Like I said .... I just got lazy. Had I done the job myself I'd probably put in a matched set of Fiaa like I have in my 79 Mini, which are paired with a set of 5 air horns that play a bar of
Colonel Bogey March, better known as the theme from Bridge Over The River Kwai movie .... I've an easy to reach toggle to pick the horn set I need at the time.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts

Summer tires :D

:haha:

Yeah if it was just the horn I'd replace it my self but since you have other damage, moot point. Insurance claim.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
All seasons pirelli
Black ice got me

Dang, at least the damage was limited/you are unharmed. Coulda been worse.

·
Registered
738 Posts
One of the first things I ever did with this car was get a double WOLO Mad Max horn. Still wound give my left nut for a train horn.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dang, at least the damage was limited/you are unharmed. Coulda been worse.
First car I've ever wrecked, kinda sad... I was trying to keep her perfect lol. How good are auto body shops usually. Like will it be noticeable that my car was in an accident after repairs are finished.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
it shouldn't be noticeable, if it is, they didn't do a good job.
Your insurance company wants it done right the first time so it doesn't cost them extra.
But they also want it done as cheaply as possible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts