Ford Focus ST Forum banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
I just completed a really long day to go hiking and see a really big oak tree. Haha. Most of the driving today was on the BRPW and some on i81. On the display i had about 27ish mpg but the last 50 miles or so I was doing a lot of downhill. I had one section that I didn't touch the gas for about 5 minutes. Once I got to the bottom of the mountains, I was stuck behind a large truck doing about 50 in 6th. Hand calculated gave me about 29mpg even.
20200913_180204.jpg

20200913_211229.jpg

Just hit 65k miles too!

I have never been close to either of those numbers...
Usually I don't get as high as 33, thats pretty much my max give or take .2.
I frequently hit 28-29 on my grandmaish driving to work days.
Then I relapse and have a week with like 23 mpg 😄

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Focus has a fuel consumption 13mpg- leisurely driving around the city. Where is the problem? there are no errors (dtc) in the computer.

·
2,745 Posts
My Focus has a fuel consumption 13mpg- leisurely driving around the city. Where is the problem? there are no errors (dtc) in the computer.
City driving is the problem. When you're sitting still you're achieving 0mpg. When you're accelerating getting the vehicle moving, it burns higher amounts of fuel than low speed cruise. If there are no lights on then your mileage reflects your driving situation.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
'Leisurely' may be relative, but so is the term 'city'... If you're staying out of boost! then there is definitely something going on (clean your filters lately? Spark plugs?).

Personally, I hate city traffic & thus, it is my preference to avoid unaware drivers like COVID positive cases. In that state of mind, with some flat-out passing, my MPG's are embarrassingly low... Then again, I use cruise control on the highway if possible and avg. 25mpg with mixed hills. At 77-78mph...

·
2,745 Posts
'Leisurely' may be relative, but so is the term 'city'... If you're staying out of boost! then there is definitely something going on (clean your filters lately? Spark plugs?).

Personally, I hate city traffic & thus, it is my preference to avoid unaware drivers like COVID positive cases. In that state of mind, with some flat-out passing, my MPG's are embarrassingly low... Then again, I use cruise control on the highway if possible and avg. 25mpg with mixed hills. At 77-78mph...
If his fuel trims are fine (which they are, 15% one way or the other sets codes) then there's Nothing wrong with his car, short of something obvious like a locked up brake caliper.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry, I couldn't help it... Been awhile since felt like 'participating', LOL Let the dead rest. Just lock the thread, I didn't even read it :p

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST3
587 Posts
19.6 MPG currently city and highway both lol

Reactions: xTheMan42

·
Registered
2016 Magnetic Metallic ST3
24 Posts
I get a running average of 9l/100km which is about 26.5 american MPGs. If a fellow is looking for both performance and great fuel economy they should get a motorcycle. My yamaha Fazer8 gets american mpg's in the 50's and 0-60's under 3.5 seconds. Probably not both at the same time though.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, Dual OCCs, Innovative RMM, JBR Intake & SS Arm, 245/40R18
785 Posts
I've had mine a little over a year now. Much higher percentage of city driving with the virus and WFH. In a little over 8,000 mi:
Low 18.5
Avg 24
High 29.5

121 - 137 of 137 Posts