Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody! I will order a downpipe without catalyst. Thinking about is how Focus ST behaves without a catalyst. The bill will be optimized by Mountune when the downpipe is mounted. Do you get a lot of extra effect? About how much? Read a little bit about reacting much faster with pressing the gas. Are they something that can sue? Is the noise level high in the car?

·
Registered
463 Posts
LOL Google Translate.

Let me retort!
Massor av människor kör utan katalysator. Ljudet kan stänga av den nedre syrgasgivaren om du vill. Problemen kommer med bilinspektion om du har den processen i Sverige.

Ja du kan installera det själv med grundläggande handverktyg. Det finns många gå igenom videor på Youtube eller instruktioner från leverantörer.

Bara downpipe och tune kommer inte göra mycket. Med en intercooler, downpipe och tune kan tunern driva mer boost och du kommer inte att ha höga intagstemperaturer, vilket ger mer användbar och säkrare kraft. Spool up är redan super snabb, du kommer att få lite mer med downpipe, kanske några hundra RPM tidigare spool.

English:
Lots of people run without a catalyst. The tune can turn off the downstream oxygen sensor if you want. The issues comes in with vehicle inspection if you have that process in Sweden.

Yes you can install it yourself with basic hand tools. There are many walk through videos on Youtube or instructions from vendors.

Just downpipe and tune won't do a lot. With an intercooler, downpipe, and tune, the tuner can push more boost and you will not have high intake temperatures, creating more usable, safer power. Spool up is already super fast, you will get a little more with the downpipe, maybe a few hundred RPM sooner spool.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
you don't have to run a tune to notice the turbo spooling faster and getting to boost faster, but you get little gain if any because of the targets the stock tune maintains.
Again you don't have to run a tune but at some point you might as well to make the most of it. or who knows maybe you find it just isn't needed and you are happy with what you have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts