Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to start a thread listing all of those left-right-left-right-up-down-A-B-A-B codes to modify the settings on your Focus, so we don't have to search for them all the time. Here's the first:

How to disable Belt Minder
First, have the Parking Break on and don't have your seatbelt on
2) Hit "Start" button without holding in clutch
3) After about 1 minute the Seat Belt Light will go off
4) ... after it goes out, and within the next 60 seconds, buckle and unbuckle the seat belt four times, ending with it unbuckled
5) the Seat Belt Light will then come back on and you buckle and unbuckle the seat belt one time only
6) the Seat Belt Light will blink three times to confirm you did it right
Congrats - now you can live dangerously too
This also works on passenger side, and you can REPEAT LATER TO RE-ENABLE THE ALARM

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To reset your TPMS sensors without a tool
1) Make sure your tires are inflated to the recommended psi. Mine is 40psi.
2) Turn ignition to the on position. If you have a push button start, push the start button without pressing the brake pedal.
3) Push the hazard light button 6 times. The horn should honk and you should see "Train left front tire" in the LCD display between the tach and speedo.
4) Release air pressure in the front left tire until you hear the horn honk. The LCD display should now read "Train right front tire".
5) Release air pressure in the right front tire until you hear the horn honk.
6) Repeat for the the right rear tire, and then the left rear tire.
7) You should now see "Training Complete" in the LCD display.
8) Fill your tires back up to the recommended pressure.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To reset the Oil Service monitor
with car off, press the push button start with no pedals pressed (get it into ACC mode basically). Then press both the brake and gas pedal together and hold. You'll see messages pop up. Keep holding until you get a message saying the service interval monitor has been reset.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Test mode
everybody said:
Press and hold the OK button on the steering wheel and press the start button. Keep holding the OK for 5 seconds or so until Test Mode shows on the information display. This allows you to test the dash lights and chimes and display colours, show total fuel flow, etc. Also works with the engine running.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Enabling or Disabling Autolock and Autounlock
FordCustomerService said:
Note: Your authorized dealer can perform this procedure, or you can do the procedure yourself.
To enable or disable these features, do the following:
Note: You will have 30 seconds to complete the procedure.
1. Switch the ignition on.
2. Press the power door lock button three times.
3. Switch the ignition off.
4. Press the power door lock button three times.
5. Switch the ignition on. The horn will chirp indicating the programming mode has been entered.
Autolock: Once in programming mode, each subsequent short press (less than 1 second) of the power door lock button will toggle autolock between on and off.

Matt's edit - newer BCMs require that you do TWO short presses, at which point the horn honks, to toggle between modes

Autounlock: Each subsequent long press (more than 2 seconds) of the power door lock button will toggle autounlock between on and off.
Note: The autounlock feature can be enabled or disabled independently of the autolock feature.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
This reminds me of the old joke of touch you're toes 3 times real fast and spell run!.. wow. That last one seems like some kind of beat the clock test!?!...jeeez

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sometimes the windows' one-touch function stops working. Time to reset the windows.

To reset the windows, follow these steps:

Hold the switch down until the window is all the way down
Release the switch then hold down again for 5 seconds
Press the switch so the window goes all the way up
Release the switch and press it up, again for 5 seconds

Repeat this procedure for each individual window...

·
Registered
674 Posts
@OP (Ugly)
With all the props you're getting, taking up realestate. You might wanna edit the first post to include as many of the Contra codes as possible so that when folks post new codes on later pages you can keep everything on the first page.

Awesome Thread. Thanks a ton for making this a one-stop-shop.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Enabling or Disabling Autolock and Autounlock
I tried this, and I get into Prog mode. My question is: How do I know if I have set Autolock to ON/OFF?

Reason I'm asking is that once I short-press once, nothing happens, so have I disabled or enabled?

Thx in advance

·
Registered
345 Posts
Thank you for this thread... Granted it's all in the manual probably... But who has time to read that?.. Well I do but I'm lazy...
Anyway... I'm Def doing the seat belt and the Window reset...
If u or someone can figure out... Or if I read the manual and find it I'll post it here... Or send it where ever u want me to... How to turn the horn honks off when you leave the car while its on with ur key in ur pocket... Please and thank you... Also I don't know if it will be annoying for me yet... But I kinda want it to beep when I lock it from the handle... Reassuring that it's locked and not unlocked

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same ask~~

I tried this, and I get into Prog mode. My question is: How do I know if I have set Autolock to ON/OFF?

Reason I'm asking is that once I short-press once, nothing happens, so have I disabled or enabled?

Thx in advance

1 - 20 of 76 Posts