Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start this out:
My vehicle has 32k miles on it, this is my third clutch for this vehicle.
First clutch was factory
Second was factory replacement
Third and current is a stage three clutchmaster with single mass fly wheel steel

My first clutch went out at 14k miles and it went completely out, when taken to ford, their answer was wear and tear.
My second clutch went out at 9k miles, it was not completely shot but almost, fords answer was wear and tear but their shop they send clutch issues to said it was defective, ford would not cover it.
My current clutch has 5k miles on it and in4 gear and up slips like there's no tomorrow, but only under high throttle, once I'm moving or at a high speed in third, I can go to forth akdnfloor it with no problem, same for fifth and sixth. It's only at a low rpm floor that it slips

I could really use some advice, and to those who say it's the way I drive, each time I replaced I doubled the break in so 1k, 2k and 4K for current, I have some fun here and their but it's mostly a daily, I do not rest on the pedal nor shift half way or anything

·
Registered
565 Posts
Sounds like a clutch that won't adjust or somehow won't fully disengage and glazed over. What year ST do you have?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2014, this clutchcamendroectly from a shop that used the same clutch in their daily and their drag car. It still doesn't explain the other two going out as fast as they did

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, this is my third. I had a mustang, only replaced clutch once, due to poorly driven by previous owner, the one I bought lasted when I sold it I was at 89k miles no problems, I also have a feista that's sitting at a pretty 40k no problems

1 - 8 of 8 Posts