Ford Focus ST Forum banner
101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello, I have a European ford and I get it in my apim 7D0-01-01 096C 6582
1045, knows someone that I must change to see the back camera, sorry for my English but I use the google translator, I'm Spanish. thanks and regards

·
Registered
68 Posts
Did any one figure out how to get this to work on the very early build date (9/12) STs? Tried the method and it didn't work. I know from previous posts some people have had the same problem, wondering if they found a work around.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
So just did this for the second time for my new to me 14 focus. My two cents.

Instead of the adding pin process buy a " ford 54 pin apim extension cable with rca ". Plug and play for about the cost of shipping the pins.

Hard wire the rca vs wireless (see reverse only power note below.) Routing the rca is supper easy. Route along drivers side in the car. Route along passenger side of hatch. In the passenger foot well the reverse light is green with a brown stripe I taped that to the RCA's power travel wire. Super clean, super easy. Clean reverse only power..

Link for apim code broken.

I think it's 7D0-01-01 A128 goes to A228 or A328. If you use Forscan just has an option for Europe or american enabled backup camera.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So I just did the 4" to 8" sync 3 conversion using the kit from 4dtech. My factory backup camera worked fine before the upgrade, now obviously, it does not. Mine is a 17 model. Anyone have experience here?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Rise up from the dead, oh backup camera thread!

I just swapped in an APIM from a 2020 Explorer to my base model 2018 ST. And the camera is non-functional. And the links in the front of the thread are still dead. And . . .

Who knows what to set in the APIM programming to turn the camera back on?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Rise up from the dead, oh backup camera thread!

I just swapped in an APIM from a 2020 Explorer to my base model 2018 ST. And the camera is non-functional. And the links in the front of the thread are still dead. And . . .

Who knows what to set in the APIM programming to turn the camera back on?
Also new versions of for scan just has an option to turn it on

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks for the information @laughatgravity. In my case, my car already had a factory camera and it was enabled in the as-built. I reset the APIM module and it worked after that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had installed a sync 1 to sync 3 conversion using a sync 3 conversion harness on my 2014 ST, it has a built in rca adapter in it, but im not able to get anything on the screen when i put the car in reverse, i did all the necessary programming from forscan as well as foccuss, any idea of why I can’t enable the rear camera option?

·
Registered
105 Posts
In my case, I had to use FORScan to also reset the APIM module after programming it. This is kind of like rebooting it, I guess.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Correct. Before I reset the APIM, the screen would go blank when I put it in reverse. I'm in an 18, which had a backup camera already.

You might poke around in As-Built Database to see if you can find anything else related to the backup camera.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Correct. Before I reset the APIM, the screen would go blank when I put it in reverse. I'm in an 18, which had a backup camera already.

You might poke around in As-Built Database to see if you can find anything else related to the backup camera.
Im not even getting a blank screen, nothing at all, frustrated trying to diagnose why the apim does not detect reverse signal.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ah, so it stays on the Sync screen when you hit reverse. Could it be a hardware thing? Verify the camera has power and works and that the line from bumper to console is not cut somewhere. I have no idea how the car detects reverse but maybe something there is goofed up. Do your backup lights come on? Is the car throwing any codes that you can see in FORScan? All the modules talk to one another. In this case I'd guess the PCM would be the originator of the signal that says "show the backup camera."

I'm really just grasping straws here. Check the codes you plugged into the APIM again, could be as simple as a typo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ah, so it stays on the Sync screen when you hit reverse. Could it be a hardware thing? Verify the camera has power and works and that the line from bumper to console is not cut somewhere. I have no idea how the car detects reverse but maybe something there is goofed up. Do your backup lights come on? Is the car throwing any codes that you can see in FORScan? All the modules talk to one another. In this case I'd guess the PCM would be the originator of the signal that says "show the backup camera."

I'm really just grasping straws here. Check the codes you plugged into the APIM again, could be as simple as a typo.
Looks like a hardware issue to me, can you verify it for me, look at the apim harness wires, i have only 4

·
Registered
105 Posts
It's been a little while since I put mine in, so honestly I don't recall much about the harness. Which plug is this? I bought a lot of my setup from @brianlovelace who figured a lot of this stuff out to begin with. I don't plan on going back in any time immediately. I had hoped to be working on my stereo upgrade by now, but my house decided it needed all my TLC for a while.

A Ford workshop manual for your model year ST might be helpful to you. I joined the motorcraft online 3 day subscription when I was doing this project. It was like ~ $20 for the 3 days. Or you can buy one on CD-ROM (c'mon Ford get into the 21st century!) for iirc about $120.

101 - 120 of 122 Posts