Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Focus ST2
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m not having any luck and not sure what to look up, i’m wanting to replace the spare tire area with another foam cut out similar to the RS cut out. Wanting to securely bring tools with me and supplies. Hopefully a pre fabricated foam. That will still fit the OEM amp and everything

·
Registered
2016 Magnetic Metallic ST3
317 Posts
My guess is you're gonna have to DIY it, not maybe people are gonna be interested in getting rid of their spare.

You could wrap the bottom with sheets of poly and then fit in empty boxes where you want the slots to be, then fill it with expanding foam and cut off the top and smooth it out to your hearts content.
Remove it from the hatch and spray in the colour of your choice.

Be sure to post up pictures!

·
Registered
2017 Focus ST2
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My guess is you're gonna have to DIY it, not maybe people are gonna be interested in getting rid of their spare.

You could wrap the bottom with sheets of poly and then fit in empty boxes where you want the slots to be, then fill it with expanding foam and cut off the top and smooth it out to your hearts content.
Remove it from the hatch and spray in the colour of your choice.

Be sure to post up pictures!
Alright i may just have to DIY it. I’ll look into what exactly i’m wanting to carry with me. then have to use expanding foam

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
4,042 Posts

I use the hell out of this stuff. I use adhesive to fit it to a piece of 1/8" hard board or ABS sheeting. 100% customizable. Fast Cap makes extra tools for working with it as well.

·
Registered
2017 Focus ST2
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I use the hell out of this stuff. I use adhesive to fit it to a piece of 1/8" hard board or ABS sheeting. 100% customizable. Fast Cap makes extra tools for working with it as well.
You’re amazing! But my question is will that make the bottom lower since you’re taking out spare tire and all the previous foam? I took out spare tire (weight reduction) and didn’t realize how flimsy it was without the spare in there.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
4,042 Posts
You’re amazing! But my question is will that make the bottom lower since you’re taking out spare tire and all the previous foam? I took out spare tire (weight reduction) and didn’t realize how flimsy it was without the spare in there.
Your spare is part of your rear impact survival rating. As crazy as it sounds it could save your life in a rear end collision. I know it's saved a few of our deputies.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2017 Focus ST2
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your spare is part of your rear impact survival rating. As crazy as it sounds it could save your life in a rear end collision. I know it's saved a few of our deputies.

Just my 2 cents.
Interesting 2 cents. Wouldn’t have thought of anything like that. I don’t mind keeping spare tire, but space around tire is wasted. I’d like to store other tools/cleaning supplies/ whatever i’m the empty space

1 - 8 of 8 Posts