Ford Focus ST Forum banner
441 - 460 of 464 Posts

·
Vendor
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #441 ·
literally takes less than 2 minutes to change tunes at the pump
Actual cobb tune change is under a minute, and no, cobb map switching is not map switching it's switching between 5 cobb custom feature tables for boost and ignition control. Adapt-X uses factory controls, MBT timing is not available as a cobb 5 way switch and MBT on ethanol fuels is not the same as petrol.

·
Vendor
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #442 ·
Will be doing black friday deals on Adapt-X

·
Vendor
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #445 ·
Code: blackfriday will save 25% off the purchase of an Adapt-X tune

·
Registered
422 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
@MonsterTuned I have the Adapt-X and e30 tune and I'm adding some supporting modes to get ready for BT but still stock turbo right now and I'm currently looking at injector upgrades. You say it's safe to use XDI pump and injectors for the BT tune but is the stock turbo tune the same? I'm deciding between RS injectors for cost or XDI. What do you recommend?

·
Vendor
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #448 ·
@MonsterTuned I have the Adapt-X and e30 tune and I'm adding some supporting modes to get ready for BT but still stock turbo right now and I'm currently looking at injector upgrades. You say it's safe to use XDI pump and injectors for the BT tune but is the stock turbo tune the same? I'm deciding between RS injectors for cost or XDI. What do you recommend?

I'm not sure I understand the question, but the XDI 50% injectors are definitely the way to go.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
2,454 Posts
The stock turbo tune won't work for a big turbo.
But think of the power potential of 30 psi of boost at 2400 rpm!

LSPI stands for Lots of Spinning Power Immediately, right?

·
Registered
'18 ST1+ Euro Sync3 Blue Recaros
310 Posts
Amazing.
But think of the power potential of 30 psi of boost at 2400 rpm!

LSPI stands for Lots of Spinning Power Immediately, right?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I got my Adapt-x installed and everything seems fine so far. I’m having trouble getting the OAR to move (I’m running 91 at sea level), it started at .5 and I’ve I ly been able to get it to adjust to .51 so far. I’m going to try some of the advice in this thread, mainly some incline 40mph-70mph pulls because 12-13 seconds at 10psi of boost scares me. I’m in San Diego and the highway patrol is always lurking.

I may also have to buy the bullet and open my wallet up and go back to using Chevron 91 over Costco 91. I figured Costco would be good because it’s always busy and getting fresh gas, but I’m wondering if that also having an effect on my OAR.

But here is my big question, how do I know my plugs are gapped properly? I installed the NGK 95605 and gapped them as best I could using the round “The Gapper” tool but I’m suspicious of its accuracy. What would I check or look for to know the plugs are properly gapped for this tune?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm not sure I understand the question, but the XDI 50% injectors are definitely the way to go.
The stock turbo tune won't work for a big turbo.
😂😭 Sorry lol I'll reword my question. So for the BT tune it's safe to run the XDI pump and injectors. Is this true for the stock turbo and Adapt-X tune as well?

·
Vendor
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #455 ·
😂😭 Sorry lol I'll reword my question. So for the BT tune it's safe to run the XDI pump and injectors. Is this true for the stock turbo and Adapt-X tune as well?
Sure but that sounds like a lot of money for pretty much nothing

Keep in mind you can't run it on Adapt-X without a calibration update.

·
Registered
422 Posts
You would pull them back out and use feeler gauges to check gap.
I’ve ordered the feeler gauges for peace of mind, and am going to check them when it gets here. I was just wondering if there was anything I could monitor performance wise or on the accessport while I’m doing the learning process

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
8,901 Posts
I’ve ordered the feeler gauges for peace of mind, and am going to check them when it gets here. I was just wondering if there was anything I could monitor performance wise or on the accessport while I’m doing the learning process
Nothing you can monitor. If the car misfires when you get into boost, that would be a good indicator of the gap being too large, though.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
2,454 Posts
You do realize that if you don't put the ", right?" at the end of that quote, some moron is going to eventually search for LSPI on here, ignore the thousands of other posts about it blowing motors, see that quote, and think "LSPI... Now that's what I need to make my car faster!"

I mean, they may eat paste, too, but still..

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
823 Posts
You do realize that if you don't put the ", right?" at the end of that quote, some moron is going to eventually search for LSPI on here, ignore the thousands of other posts about it blowing motors, see that quote, and think "LSPI... Now that's what I need to make my car faster!"

I mean, they may eat paste, too, but still..
Let Darwin do his thing , man.

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
1,372 Posts
You don't need the XDI pump and injectors to max a stock turbo. That's why is a waste of $$. A BT can run out of gas to reach its max potential, it needs the XDI set to do that. It needs to be calibrated for the extra fuel outcome.

441 - 460 of 464 Posts