Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, sorry this may be the wrong page but I can't find a answer any where, I get a esp light on on at high revs and the car will feel hesitant and the boost will drop off, I've plugged it in and found the fault code U2023.

There is a TSB for insufficient pipe connection from turbo to intercooler, I have pressurised the intake system to 1.2 BAR and found no leaks and am a bit stuck as what to do next as I think it could be a sensor fault possibly but want to know if others have had the same and what was the fix, thanks

MODS are (if it helps)
Airtec intercooler, upgraded silicon pipes with symposer delete, turbo back exhaust with decat, K&N air intake, forge recirc with yellow Spring, puma speed turbo pressure sensor, Collins performance stage 2 map, RS clutch and flywheel
Sure I may of forgot some things but there is the majority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Hi mate did u get to the bottom of of it
sounds like wheel spin and the ecu cutting power/fuel/timing, thats normal. Turn off the the esc (press button once) and that should fix it... just modulate wheel spin with your right foot.

also, this is 5year old thread with zero replies from a member who hasnt logged in to the site in 4.5years

·
Registered
2013 Focus ST moondust silver
154 Posts
sounds like wheel spin and the ecu cutting power/fuel/timing, thats normal. Turn off the the esc (press button once) and that should fix it... just modulate wheel spin with your right foot.

also, this is 5year old thread with zero replies from a member who hasnt logged in to the site in 4.5years
I'm replying to this in case someone else comes along searching for answers, I had one of these and this issue is usually caused by the insert in the wheel bearing hubs. Very common failure point on these cars, they start to walk out of their seats when they are worn and read as if the wheel is losing traction causing the control to kick in.... the fix is to replace the front wheel bearing hubs, it comes as one piece unit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts