Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do you guys think that the new Focus ST 2018 would get the option AWD?
Here in Belgium you can buy the S-Max and the Mondeo with AWD, you can also buy the Focus ST 2015 with powershift and steering wheel gearshift paddles since last year so AWD would be a great addition.
I would buy one instant but maybe i have too much high hopes :)

edit:

I did read this today.

The base car should be coming at around 19,000 while the higher end models can cost you up to 32,000 – such as the Sporty ST with the Active four wheel driving system and glam Vignale trim. So, ready for the release of Ford Focus 2018?

Source: Ford Focus 2018: The Improved Performance and Quality - Theautoweek.com | Theautoweek.com

Yeah i know that source is not the greatest :p

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I think with the RS being awd, making the ST awd also removes a lot of the reason to get an RS. So no I don't think they will. It would be nice though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Mondeo ST-line and even the new fiesta has a 4WD version now. So the new Focus ST-line will have the most change to get a 4WD version then?
I am still hoping for one :)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
The Mondeo ST-line and even the new fiesta has a 4WD version now. So the new Focus ST-line will have the most change to get a 4WD version then?
I am still hoping for one :)
I had never even heard of that car, and we don't have it over here in the U.S. I don't think. Looks awesome and I would love for a 4wd.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Mondeo = Ford Fusion in the US. Pretty sure the ST Line Mondeo is basically a Fusion Sport.
Yeah but do we have a sexy wagon st? I don't think we do, and if we do then I know what I'm getting when the babies start poppin'
download.jpeg

Reactions: cltfost

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Yeah but do we have a sexy wagon st? I don't think we do, and if we do then I know what I'm getting when the babies start poppin'
View attachment 211137
Nope, but we rarely get wagons over here. There is a Focus ST wagon in Europe too that we will never have.

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I'd buy an ST or RS wagon, whichever the offer, I like how wagons look if done right and I also like the extra space in the back. I know that I am in the minority, I also don't really mind mini-vans. Can't get my wife to drive either type though and I'm sticking with the ST lol

Reactions: UnfocusedST

·
Registered
554 Posts
VW is also pretty hesitant to make a GTI or R wagon but I think would be more likely to then Ford.

AWD ST wouldn't be a terrible idea. Look at the WRX and even the last Lancer Ralliart, it would slot in with these cars. Probably be like the WRX, open diffs AWD + brake vectoring.

Range Rover/Land Rover compact SUV's all use the 2.0T Ecoboost (240hp version) and I know the Evoque for sure uses that 2.0T paired with a 9+spd ZF transmission, steering wheel mounted paddle shifters, and the GKN Focus RS AWD system. There's a lot in the parts bin for Ford to use.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 23 Posts