Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so - I am going to be installing a CoolingMist WMI system with Autolearning Failsafe paired with the Guardian Angel on my 2015 ST. I will be utilizing the stock washer tank. I am trying to see if anyone has a similar setup or at least a FaceLift Focus with their pump mounted in the engine bay and where they managed to fit it. I know stratified did this setup on there pre-facelift but at first glance it seems to be a smidge different behind the scenes on the facelift model.

Thanks for any tips! Pics are great if you have them...

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I do but my photobucket is acting up. I used two metal straps about an inch wide and maybe 5mm thick. It's just metal I got at a local hardware store. I then bent the ends on one end about an inch from the end, 90 degrees. I drilled a hole in each for bolts, then drilled two holes to insert what's called riv nuts. It's a rivet that is a threaded inserted fastener. I then bolted the pump to the underneath of the frame rail forward of the gearbox. So near the ecu but engine bay side of frame rail. Much like stratifieds placement.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks -- big help! How long did the install take you ?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
A day ish. Using block off plate for symposer for boost reference. Using heated seats fuse with add a fuse. Mounted my controller on the back of the stock gauge pod center dash. I'll get a picture and post it. Used a dremmel to hone out some of the plastic to run the wiring and boost hose down into the dash behind glove box. Pretty simple really

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going after the installation tomorrow. So you used the block off plate to the cmgs for your boost reference? I am currently running my BOV off of the symposer delete, but I can just add a "T". Also, I'm reusing the stock washer fluid reservoir. Did you? If so, how did you drain it? You've been very helpful. Thanks so much

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I just opened up the wheel well liner on the pass side and pulled the level sensor out and let it drain. I used a drill bit that was about the same size as the meth hose and put my fingers inside as I slowly drilled the hole and once pemetrated I just brushed any plastic out so it didn't fall into the reservoir. Then I fed the hose down into the tank. I actually used a bore scope to watch inside the tank till it was just above bottom.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
And made the hole just below the top edge

·
Registered
1,979 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I work on Audi's so I snagged a screen from a car. The screen from an a4 is the perfect size lol.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I did the same thing accept my pump is on the same side of the car as the tank.

I believe what happens is when the system is armed and flowing it's fine. But since the pump is a pusher not a puller, I guess a vacuum is introduced to the system and that locks the AEM check valves.

In order to get it to work again, I have to reset the nozzle(s) by removing the supply line and test the pump to make sure fluid is flowing, then put the tube back in the nozzle.

On the supply side of the pump, I didn't drain the tank, I stuffed a rag in the filler neck and was careful with the drill.

Is the only reason you haven't had the same problem and neither has Alex is that the pump is on the opposite side of the car from the tank?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts