Ford Focus ST Forum banner

621 - 640 of 656 Posts

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
This is exactly the route I want to go with wrapping the SS in carbon fiber. Thats gonna look sick on the tuxedo black! Post pics when you're done
I have yet to find a wrap scheme on a TB that I actually thought looked good. So far the only thing I've seen that was half decent is a satin black wrap on the raised part of the hood...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I have yet to find a wrap scheme on a TB that I actually thought looked good. So far the only thing I've seen that was half decent is a satin black wrap on the raised part of the hood...

Just you wait

·
Registered
254 Posts
Not sure I agree that its ghetto. Im sure the fiberglass version is quality with the only real difference being weight. If it were looks sacrificing performance Id agree but I dont think thats true in this case
If someone walks up and says sick CF diffuser and your response is "Oh I just had it wrapped, its not real CF" that falls under ghetto. Just like fake hood scoops, mako paint jobs, and useless cold air intakes

·
Registered
996 Posts
For those looking to wrap the diffuser, would exhaust temps cause ripples or problems with the wrap? I really like the diffuser. If I get one I'm going to paint it to match my ST.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If someone walks up and says sick CF diffuser and your response is "Oh I just had it wrapped, its not real CF" that falls under ghetto. Just like fake hood scoops, mako paint jobs, and useless cold air intakes
While I agree that fake performance parts are not my thing in this case is strictly aesthetic and also I guess Ive never been too concerned about what others think.
Like I mentioned earlier if it wound up coming to almost the same price Id just get the CF

·
Registered
160 Posts
For those looking to wrap the diffuser, would exhaust temps cause ripples or problems with the wrap? I really like the diffuser. If I get one I'm going to paint it to match my ST.
I guess there is always that possibility but from what I seen on completely wrapped vehicles I havent seen it melt or bother it as the exhaust is not laying directly on it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I vote group buy for the emblem delete in carbon fiber.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I will be painting the hood to match then leaving the vents CF

·
Registered
411 Posts
Interested in the CF vents. Will they be matching the contour of the hood? Because all of the vents I've seen up until this point do not fit perfectly

·
Registered
978 Posts
Just purchased the CF emblem delete and Green Filter. Thanks guys!

621 - 640 of 656 Posts