Ford Focus ST Forum banner

601 - 620 of 656 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Does anyone have the weights of the stock wing, rear diffuser, etc?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
So instead of reading 61 pages can you give me the cliffs on why it took so long? In the very first post you said you had hoods being test fitted in one week and they'd be ready by March....of 2013.... I'm curious as to why these took so long to develop.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #607
So instead of reading 61 pages can you give me the cliffs on why it took so long? In the very first post you said you had hoods being test fitted in one week and they'd be ready by March....of 2013.... I'm curious as to why these took so long to develop.
The first fabricator "ScottRods" out of Ohio said he would make the hoods, told us he got a hood to mold from. Then kept telling us that it was looking great, almost done... 9 months later they say, send us labels for ur parts (that we supplied), that they never got a hood and nothing was done....2nd one was getting ready and 3 months later say, they are moving to AZ and merging with another shop. Then talks were with 2 larger companies, one decided they wanted to get their stock one out first and the other still doesn't have their stock one out.... and our current one has a hood (we bought one for em) and says we should be seeing pix of mild process by mid Feb. With test hoods by end of month-mid march at latest

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #612
Ok question on the rear diffuser. Is it completely CF or is part of it paintable?
As ben said it's all paintable, but as u can see the area here, the black primered area is where it should go body colored.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Any pics yet with the rear diffuser installed?
This x2.

I'm in for the diffuser and most likely the wing as well. But I need more installed pictures and would like at least one person to be the guinea pig and get them first to comment on fit and finish.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Dont be ghetto. If you are going to build a car then build it properly.
Nothing ghetto about it. I'm about to wrap my other ss lip with 3m 1080 vinyl wrap carbon fiber Which was expensive.

But yes since this comes in carbon fiber already, it would actually even out the price of either. So just save time and order the carbon fiber one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nothing ghetto about it. I'm about to wrap my other ss lip with 3m 1080 vinyl wrap carbon fiber Which was expensive.

But yes since this comes in carbon fiber already, it would actually even out the price of either. So just save time and order the carbon fiber one

totally agree! if it were gonna cost me the same in the end then thats a no brainer go with the CF to start

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
totally agree! if it were gonna cost me the same in the end then thats a no brainer go with the CF to start
Yup, sadly for me street scene doesn't have a carbon fiber look lol. So I had to spend double :(

601 - 620 of 656 Posts