Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Focus RS Intake on 15+ Focus ST

27K views 40 replies 11 participants last post by  HybridZ28 
#1 ·
I just ordered myself an intake box for my 16' ST from the RS. My question is whether or not it is just a drop in or does a little bit of modification need to be done? I am pretty sure it bolts up no problem, but I have seen that the sound symposer tube coming off of the ST intake box is not on the RS intake box.

Can anyone confirm this? And if this is the case, will I be forced to do a sound symposer delete?

#7 ·
Just curious.

What is the benefit from doing this?

#13 ·
I did it purely for sound. I bought a Cobb open ended filter and was a little disappointed by the change it made in sound. I can JUST hear the turbo and barely can hear the BPV.

How much louder is the RS airbox compared to the stock with an open ended filter?

I hear the Velossa Tech Big Mouth makes a big difference in sound too.

#12 ·
Copy. That's what I thought it was. Just making sure.

#19 ·
am I the only one who got the air box for $65 tax in?? I mean it prob does help that I work for a ford dealer lol,, but as much as @FourD is correct on how the box is open,, when the hood is closed, its not really an open air box anymore, the weather strip around the top lid seals it against the hood creating a closed airbox, while it may not be as efficient as having the closed lid installed, like I had said before its mostly cosmetic and more for the noise of the intake without a bov (witch I don't have)

#21 ·
I got it for $48.90 shipped. Although the dealer says it's on back order and eta is 12/29. I bought from Sunrise Ford, if posting the link is ok I'll do it.

Reactions: Baldy McBalders
#34 ·
Like Ackbar00 said I would call. I got mine pretty quick, it's the factory intake box with a factory air filter. The filter looks the exact same as the ST one. I got mine put on and made a before and after video since the mod is more for sound anyway.

#37 ·
Yeah it was on back order, but thankfully the guy there called me back after I left a message and he had the part physically on his desk and was going to get it sent out that day (yesterday). About an hour later I get the email confirmation that it shipped.

He apologized and said they dropped the ball in informing me it was on backorder at the time I had ordered it.

All is well, can't wait for it to arrive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.