Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what has to be done to make RS heads fit my ST. IM SURE SOMEONE HAS DONE THIS. Anyone ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
Nothing. RS headlights are the same dimensions, shape, etc. as 15+ ST's. They'll bolt right in.

If you have an ST1 though, you'll need more than just the headlights. If you have an ST2 or ST3... there's no point. RS heads are the same.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing. RS headlights are the same dimensions, shape, etc. as 15+ ST's. They'll bolt right in.

If you have an ST1 though, you'll need more than just the headlights.
Yeah. I have the ST1. I'm getting the RS headlamps for free though.

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
Yeah. I have the ST1. I'm getting the RS headlamps for free though.

You'll need the ballasts and whatnot for the HIDs then. And I believe you'll need a program like FoCCCus to enable the HID setting in the car's computer, otherwise they won't work properly and you'll throw codes.

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
Then you should have everything you need. Although, I'm not sure if you'll have the adaptive lighting/cornering lamp functionality of the RS lights. Maybe it's something you can enable in the car's computer since the ST3 has the same functionality, but I don't know any details about that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then you should have everything you need. Although, I'm not sure if you'll have the adaptive lighting/cornering lamp functionality of the RS lights. Maybe it's something you can enable in the car's computer since the ST3 has the same functionality, but I don't know any details about that.
Alright well thanks for the help

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
651 Posts
@PGxSaint How did this go? I have a set of RS headlights i want to buy for my ST1. Did u have to do any programming like Mazui said?

·
Super Moderator
8,502 Posts
@PGxSaint How did this go? I have a set of RS headlights i want to buy for my ST1. Did u have to do any programming like Mazui said?
Five year old thread; the member you tagged has not been active in four years...

Reactions: SSgtjrobertson
1 - 9 of 9 Posts