Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Focus ST ST3.
88 Posts
I have a friend who installed an after market exhaust on his RS and he’s leaving me with his oem one. Planning on finding an oem rs bumper and valance for the cutouts. As for routing the exhaust, going to be a bold attempt but I think a couple of friends and I can figure it out, I have experience doing stupid things and access to all the tools I need, so it should be fun/interesting.
Rather than make a new discussion I thought I’d add to the one that already exists.
First step is finding a bumper or valance but I’ll keep you guys posted!
On that RS exhaust isnt there a factory made dent in one of the sections to clear the drive line?

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
4 Posts
Are you expecting some gains or just want the look?

A large part of the rs sound is the fact the head, cams, turbo, and displacement are all different
Just the looks, I understand there won’t be much of a change in sound until I eventually do an electric cutout.

Just picked up a bumper from a picknpull that I’m working on sanding and paint matching. After that I need to make a drive and pick up the pipes so I can measure the cutouts on the valance.

Then it’ll be time to get the car on jacks.

Yes I understand the pipes are routed slightly different, mounted different, etc. But this mod has cost me a total of $150 for bumper and paint. Maybe a little more if I end up having to weld. Compared to buying an after market exhaust I think it’s worth it, plus I’m a dual exhaust fan. This might get done quicker than I thought too.

·
Premium Member
2014 Focus ST ST3.
88 Posts
I’ll check it out when I get the pipes, not expecting this to be easy so I wouldn’t doubt it.
I like this for the (why not) factor. Its different and im sure others will want to do this as well. Looking forward to the write up .

21 - 25 of 25 Posts